“Good, but the cocktail was wrong”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #262 of 3,245 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: After 18 years of rocking Copley Square, the Hard Rock Cafe Boston opened its doors in the vibrant Faneuil Hall area at 22-24 Clinton Street in 2007. Our venue is one of the city’s largest entertainment destinations with more than 16,000-square feet of space including a 514-seat restaurant, our Cavern Club featuring billiards, live music and special events, and a Rock Shop offering Hard Rock’s iconic and collectible merchandise. Live music every Friday and Saturday night!
Hamburg, Germany
“Good, but the cocktail was wrong”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went there with a colleague. We both got a beet and the grill trio, which is grilled chicken, pulled pork and ribs. Basic food, but well prepared!
At the end, my colleague got a dessert and I a cocktail.
The cocktail was however a very bad choice. I ordered an Aviation (one of my favorite cocktails) appealed by the fact that they offered it with the creme de violette. I checked the barman (from our table I could see him) and he did not look very sure of what he was doing. When I got the cocktail, I realized that my Aviator was tasting like... ice tea!! My guess is that the guy used ice tea absolute vodka instead of one of the ingredients. I told the waitress but she did not really take action. A small black spot on a otherwise nice dinner, but not so small if you're a cocktail lover.
P.S. final bill around 50$

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nicholasville, Kentucky, United States
“Hard Rock.....not again”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have eaten at various Hard Rock Café’s and can’t seem to catch a break with food or service. On this trip to Boston we thought we would give it another try, wrong decision. My husband and son ordered chicken tenders, easy right….not. They were hot and fresh but were too spicy for my 8 year old to eat. My husband ordered spicy ones but my 8 year old did not, he got his of the kids menu. They must have been cooked in the same grease, needless to say my youngest left hungry. I ordered the Chicken Club; the chicken had been grilled at some point but had gotten cold on the trip to my table. It also had brown avocado and two different kinds of brown lettuce on it which I picked off.

Food was awful and service wasn’t any better. They weren’t even that busy. Our waitress seemed to be running around and getting nothing done. I think we’ll skip Hard Rock in the future, too overpriced for less than mediocre food.

New Hampshire
“Terrible service, fifthly!! STAY AWAY!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went here to grab a bite to eat before a Celtics game on 4/7/13. We arrived at 5:00 p.m. From the moment we walked in we felt we should turn around and leave. There were two hostess people when we walked in that were in a conversation. They both looked right at us and continued on with their conversation. Neither of them greeted us. Finally, my Husband asked them if we were supposed to seat ourselves. With an annoyed look on their faces, they said "no, where would you like to sit?" There was no look of cheerfulness or apology on their faces whatsoever. We chose to sit at a high top in the bar. The table and the counter were both sticky. The Bartender came over after about 5 min. We both ordered a diet Coke. After about 5 min. the diet Coke's were brought to us and they were flat. We immediately told the Bartender and he said "well do you want a side of Captain to put in it?" and laughed. We replied no thanks and he just walked away making silly jokes.... We were both shocked & confused by this. My Husband then walked over to the bar and asked for new Cokes. He said "yeah, they well at the bar is pretty flat, let me go to a different one for you." Wherever he went these were better. We placed our order. I went to use the ladies room. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!! There was toilet paper all over the floor. They first 4 stalls the toilets were completely stopped up with toilet paper and other fecal, urine & nasty things I won't mention. I chose a stall that looked relatively clean compared to the others. There was dried urine spray all over the floor. The garbage was overflowing. I have seen gas stations bathrooms that have high cleanliness standards than this. I went back to the table. We waited 45 min. for two burgers that never came. The Bartender/our waiter never came back to check on us. Other people that came in after us received their food of a similar nature. We had had enough. We left money on the table for our Cokes and got up to leave. As we left, no one person asked us how our meals were or thanked us for coming. With sooooo many food options in this area I would think it would be in their best interest to provide top service. Will never return and advise others to make another choice as there are certainly many!!!

1 Thank Mccannclann
Dayna B, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were very sorry to hear about the experience you and your husband had and were very hopeful that you would take us up on our offer to try us again as our guests. We take negative experiences very seriously and do not want this to be your last impression of Hard Rock. I personally shared all of your concerns with the team members here as well.
“Good music, great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been to this Hard Rock several times and have never had a bad meal (by the way, their burgers are awesome). We were there a couple weeks ago and the waitress came to our table and asked if we had any requests for songs we wanted to hear, which I have never had happen before. It's also a great place to eat if you're trying to get out in time to attend a concert. A few months ago we had tickets to a concert at TD Garden and we running a little late. They saw we had concert T-shirts on and asked us if we were going that night and when we said we were, they went out of their way to get us a table right away and mentioned to the waitress that we were going to the concert and were in a hurry. They were very accommodating and had us out of there quickly. For anyone who enjoys good music,delicious food and great service, you won't be disappointed with Hard Rock.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Disgusting”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Love hard rock... Bit of a veteran... But got to say avoid this place... Firstly- the waitress didn't know they served a cocktail called purple haze... The kids hot dog rolls were solid .... But worst of all - they served me raw chicken... Hard rock boston is run by children.. From the minute we walked in we knew this place wasn't worthy of the name.. This place should carry a public health warning!!!!! Not a hard rock as we know it... The people who own this establishment really need to Lear this place out....

Visited April 2013