“Good old HRC standard!”

Ranked #259 of 3,295 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: After 18 years of rocking Copley Square, the Hard Rock Cafe Boston opened its doors in the vibrant Faneuil Hall area at 22-24 Clinton Street in 2007. Our venue is one of the city’s largest entertainment destinations with more than 16,000-square feet of space including a 514-seat restaurant, our Cavern Club featuring billiards, live music and special events, and a Rock Shop offering Hard Rock’s iconic and collectible merchandise. Live music every Friday and Saturday night!
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Same menu as many other HRC so you know that the stuff is good. Staff was very friendly and randomly singing along with the music set a good mood in the whole restaurant!

1  Thank Magnus N

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a typical Hard Rock cafe with the usual menu, so we ate here instead of a more unique Boston restaurant because we were traveling with kids and knew the type of food we would get here. Lots of burger choices, though beware the veggie burgers are just awful! I am a vegetarian and the veggie burger is the worst ever, so we were not charged because I could not eat it. The waiter was very good about this though. The drinks are good, but they do encourage you into buying the sourvenier glasses for the extra 12 oz of drink for $4 extra. The location is great, right by Quincy Market, but offers a sit-down meal instead of the hustle and bustle of Quincy Market lunches.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I generally always find a Hard Rock Cafe in the cities they are located because I am an avid guitar pin collector (since 1988). This Hard Rock is by far the most disappointing. I don't go there for the food quality but the fun atmosphere, drinks, appetizers and my guitar pin. It was 102 degrees in Boston this August 4th day. Hoping for quick service and refresments to cool off we waited, waited and waited for service at the bar. Apparently an unexpected early dining crowd come in and the Cafe was not adequately staff although the place was still not what one would consider crowded. The restaruant and bar staff appeared disorganized and the bartendar was totally clueless. However, he was nice and made every effort to compensate for the slow service and kept apologizing.

1  Thank 1966Sunshine
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Have eaten at many of the Hard Rock Cafes including Boston when it was located near Back Bay Station. This trip we were looking for a familiar meal in Boston prior to a concert. The Hard Rock seemed just the place. Luckily we were before the real crowd so we were seated right away by the greeter. The menu surprised us because it was rather expensive in comparison to other Hard Rocks but a night out sometimes is worth a little extra.

After a short delay our server came over. She immediately took a stance at the table which had her back to my wife and never looked at me. Her eyes were averted upward and her attitude was 'get this over with'. This was very off-putting. It didn't change during any of her visits to our table including coming over and taking the check cover from directly in front of me before we had even figured out the final amount. She then stood there while I put the funds into the booklet, took it and walked away after I said we didn't need change.

Even at this point she never made eye contact and continued her stance leaving her back to my wife.

We like Hard Rock in general. This one was taking a bit of advantage of its tourist location in the prices and, in our case, hiring a server who just didn't care.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Noise, Noise, Noise. Don't expect to have a conversation here! May be good for a younger crowd who already suffer from hearing loss but it is not for a asual meeting or business discussion

1  Thank JJMAYNARD
Dayna B, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on our location! I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the atmosphere and hope that you will give us another try in the future. We do like to keep the music at a louder volume than typical restaurants as we pride ourselves on our rock atmosphere.

Been to Hard Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!