“for meat lovers only”
Review of The Butcher Shop

The Butcher Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
The Butcher Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #439 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed July 8, 2013

found the menu limited if you wanted something light. But the meat is fabulous and unusual. Seating is difficult; the restaurant is tine. If you like bar seating and great meat, this is for you.

There are newer reviews for The Butcher Shop

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We went to the Butcher shop for my birthday. After all we heard about it, I had great expectations. Overall, the service was mediocre, and so was the food. We ordered the charcuterie, which was ok but overpriced, the hot dog and the stuffed rabbit leg, both pretentious and overpriced. We got a glass of rose each and I added a glass of Nero D'Avola, which was a little too acidic for me. Overall a disappointing experience. And a pricey one. We won't be back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a recommendation to go to the Butcher Shop from Patrick Brenner at B & G Oysters ! We were not disappointed ! The steak is cut on-sight and aged as well. Everything is homemade. The wine selection is carefully selected to accompany your meal. The flat-iron and Wagyu beef are melt in your mouth delicious ! Looking forward to going back in August !!!!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Back again after a two year absence I was very curious. The quality, service friendlynes, menus was again a great experience. Even my neighbors ordered the same as I. Thank you!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I love to stop by at this little restaurant in the South End especially when you are looking for a decent glass of wine before most restaurants in the area are opened for dinner. The staff are very knowledgeable and friendly and most of all not stuffy and pretentious. The wines they have to offer are outstanding though some pricey at $16 a glass, are absolutely well worth it. The food is fresh and delicious and there are many options if you are just looking to have a nice glass of wine and an appetizer (or sample a selection of cheeses at $6 each). Recently I sat at the bar and had their steak tartare appetizer and an amazing French Rose Domaine Saladin, Tralala! Yes that was the name of the wine and definitely worth a try. The charcuterie plate is also another great bar option and is served all day. Their signature dish the hot dog à la maison is also delicious.