“In the Heart of Little Italy”

Trattoria Il Panino
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Il Panino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cross street: Hanover Street
Transit: Government Center on the Green Line
Description: Traditional casual italian dining
Oakland, California
“In the Heart of Little Italy”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Yes the North End is a little touristy but I love Little Italy and
Trattoria Il Panino was delicious. Our server was darling and so friendly with her Bostonian accent and her recommendations for our meal were perfect. We would go back in a second.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Dinner in the North End of Boston”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Well what a find! Very busy after the Hockey game, but the food was fabulous served in a skillet and YUMMY!!!!

This is a must eat at place and make sure you make reservations.

P.S. The Calamari looked good but we didn't have it.

• Visited March 2013
NH
“Hot and cold”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went here alone and would give mixed review. My introduction was to the hostess telling me how long the wait would be, which was ok, but also went on about how bad her night had been so far. I'm always wary when the staff is in an off mood. When I was seated, I was put in a corner that had my back to a plastic weather enclosure that turns a patio area into a winter indoor seating area. It might have been I had a bit of a chill from waiting outside in the cold, but a draft was freezing my back. They have a overhead heating system that does pour on the heat. It was rather uncomfortable being baked on my front, and frozen on my back. I think most other seating would have been nicer. Take note on cool evenings.
The food was good. But not quite what I ordered. I ordered a Marsala dish, and the flavoring was more of a light white wine sauce. It was ok, but not what I had prepared my palate for. Service was a bit hurried, and not patient when I asked about an item on the menu. I think this place probably has better days, and I may have been there on an off night.

• Visited February 2013
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
“Wonderful dinner before concert”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great atmosphere, service and amazing food! Never realized how close the North End is to the TD Garden. We had a leisurely diner and then took the short walk over.

Visited February 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Fresh food al fresco!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were walking Boston's North End on a warm August night as we decided to try this inviting Italian restaurant next to an ice cream parlor. As the time was a bit odd, we were lucky enough to find a table in the outdoor patio without even having a reservation. The place was empty when we arrived about 6, but it packs quick because it is so small. The food was more than decent without being exceptional. I choose the smoked Norwegian salmon with capers and lemon oil while my wife had the veal medallions and the kids opted for pasta, fettucine al pesto i guess. The wine list was exhaustive, with many affordable choices. Beer is definitely overpriced.
Our waiter was very helpful without being a hassle. The check was about 110 $ which should be considered normal for a party of four.

• Visited August 2012