“Dinner in the North End of Boston”

Trattoria Il Panino
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Il Panino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cross street: Hanover Street
Transit: Government Center on the Green Line
Description: Traditional casual italian dining
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Well what a find! Very busy after the Hockey game, but the food was fabulous served in a skillet and YUMMY!!!!

This is a must eat at place and make sure you make reservations.

P.S. The Calamari looked good but we didn't have it.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Il Panino

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went here alone and would give mixed review. My introduction was to the hostess telling me how long the wait would be, which was ok, but also went on about how bad her night had been so far. I'm always wary when the staff is in an off mood. When I was seated, I was put in a corner that had my back to a plastic weather enclosure that turns a patio area into a winter indoor seating area. It might have been I had a bit of a chill from waiting outside in the cold, but a draft was freezing my back. They have a overhead heating system that does pour on the heat. It was rather uncomfortable being baked on my front, and frozen on my back. I think most other seating would have been nicer. Take note on cool evenings.
The food was good. But not quite what I ordered. I ordered a Marsala dish, and the flavoring was more of a light white wine sauce. It was ok, but not what I had prepared my palate for. Service was a bit hurried, and not patient when I asked about an item on the menu. I think this place probably has better days, and I may have been there on an off night.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great atmosphere, service and amazing food! Never realized how close the North End is to the TD Garden. We had a leisurely diner and then took the short walk over.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were walking Boston's North End on a warm August night as we decided to try this inviting Italian restaurant next to an ice cream parlor. As the time was a bit odd, we were lucky enough to find a table in the outdoor patio without even having a reservation. The place was empty when we arrived about 6, but it packs quick because it is so small. The food was more than decent without being exceptional. I choose the smoked Norwegian salmon with capers and lemon oil while my wife had the veal medallions and the kids opted for pasta, fettucine al pesto i guess. The wine list was exhaustive, with many affordable choices. Beer is definitely overpriced.
Our waiter was very helpful without being a hassle. The check was about 110 $ which should be considered normal for a party of four.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We happily stumbled upon this cute little Italian Trattoria, in Boston's North End. Upon leaving, I declared it my new favorite Boston Restaurant. It is cozy, casual, and fun, with great food and excellent service! Marisa, our server, was more than happy to accommodate my very restricitve eating habits, and she was exremely pleasant. "Crazy Maria" made it all the more fun.

The mussels were out of this world; my husband said they were the best he has ever had! I was quite happy with the just the sauce that came with the mussels, especially in that they were serving their homemade bread with it! (they have a bakery down the road, you might want to try that too) . Even the salad dressing was delectable.

I must say that the staff is what really made this my new favorite place. Crazy Maria has been here for like 20 years (forget exactly), and she knows how to run the place! She is a multitasker, can greet, cook, clean, and direct:) She is full of life and watching her was the best part of my meal:) Of course, I have a picture to show you, so you'll know who she is (not that you wouldn't otherwise-lol)!

The wine list was fair, perhaps a bit overpriced, but really is probably within range of all the other nearby restaurants. Just go; you will be glad you did. In the summertime, there is outdoor seating. In the winter, you may have to wait for a table. It will be worth it, though:)