“Good service, bad steak”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Park Plaza
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Arlington Street
Transit: Green Line - Arlington Station
Reviewed October 16, 2012

As we were staying at the Boston Park Plaza we decided to give McCormick & Schmick's a go. The service was good, our waitress very attentive, their food was good until I received my well done steak when I ordered medium rare. OK, I know it is a seafood restaurant but even I know how to cook a steak. They were really good about it and offered to cook me another, but as it wasn't totally inedible I said not to worry. At the end of the evening when we received our bill they had taken my meal off the bill. Much appreciated and unexpected so would return if ever in Boston again.

There are newer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Park Plaza

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Lovely lunch on the patio enjoying an amazing fall afternoon in the 70's. Grilled salmon on orzo was tender and flavorful. Attentive service.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service. Delicious steak cooked exactly as requested. Lots of Vegetables which were not overcooked

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We walked in about 10pm and enjoyed excellent service and some good drinks and late night burgers! I expect the steaks to always be good but found the burgers, quesadillas, and drinks to be very good. This was all at teh bar which operates much like a sports bar with multiple ames on the tv's.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

After reading mixed reviews we had mixed feelings about eating there. However the food was excellent, service fantastic and a good selection of wines.

The restaurant itself is very old school in decor with wood panels and linens which all help to give the place a great atmosphere.

We skipped starters but the three of us had salmon, surf and turf and scallops with sides of potato and asparagus which we all enjoyed and then we shared a trio of puddings and apple pie.

We had a great meal and would definitely go again.