“Very disappointed”
Review of Ristorante Toscano

Ristorante Toscano
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Toscano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Cross street: Mt. Vernon/ Chestnut
Transit: Red Line MGH/Charles St. station.
Description: Nestled among the antique shops, boutiques and cafes along Beacon Hill's famous Charles Street, Toscano restaurant remains a staple of Boston's oldest neighborhood.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My fiancée and I ate at Toscano while vacationing in Boston. We made reservations in advance for a busy Saturday night. The atmosphere was romantic and our waiter was friendly but kind of quirky. We both ordered appetizers which we did not care for. He had the calamari which was not fried and not very appetizing looking and I had the Caprese which I have eaten at many restaurants before and it just did not measure up. For entree's he had a steak which was just bland, and not a soft as a real filet should be. I had a spaghetti with tomato basil sauce which is hard to get wrong anywhere. The menu overall was extremely overpriced and the food selections are not great. Save your money and go to the North End for Italian instead.

1  Thank Vanessa F

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have eaten 3 times at this restaurant and always enjoyed and had good food. Twice served by Peter who was very jolly first visit but not so on 2nd visit.
Last visit July 13 waiter adopted a very odd behavior towards us. Ordered wine and said he'd have to check if there was any left. I didn't want a starter my fellow dinner did, he thought this odd.
Just took the edge of the evening.

1  Thank Neil_Sussex_UK
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Really great start - menu looked good, extensive specials & professional staff. Food was a complete disappointment - special of sauteed mushrooms on greens - was actually fried mushrooms on salad. Mussels were gritty. Mains were also v v poor - seafood risotto was brown & unappetising & the filleted sea bream was full of bones - twice! The poor waiter had to deal with our complaints while the Maitre D did nothing to help. Still busy joking with front of house yet to experience the food crowd. Not an experience to be repeated on any level.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This has been one of the best italian food experiences outside of Italy. Caprese was the best ever and veal + risotto was just perfect. Only minus was that portions were too big to have a true five course italian meal. Go there if you already haven't