“Perfect pairing”
Review of Ristorante Toscano

Ristorante Toscano
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Toscano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Cross street: Mt. Vernon/ Chestnut
Transit: Red Line MGH/Charles St. station.
Description: Nestled among the antique shops, boutiques and cafes along Beacon Hill's famous Charles Street, Toscano restaurant remains a staple of Boston's oldest neighborhood.
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Perfect pairing”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was a first visit for us on a special night out. The service from all the staff could not have been more helpful, efficient and friendly. The atmosphere is comfortably elegant, ideal for a romantic date or a get together with friends. My husband's scallop dish was "the best I've ever eaten" and my steak was tender, juicy and perfectly cooked although not enhanced by the sauce it sat in. Our server assisted with the wine list and chose a wonderful red to accompany my meal. To finish, we had cappuccino coffees which were absolutely delicious. This is a real gem of a restaurant and we will be back to enjoy it again.

Palo Alto, CA
“Traditional Italian executed flawlessly”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Even though I had read positive reviews about Toscano before making the reservation, I was surprised by how good it was. The meal started well with a basket of warm bread. We then shared the sausage pizza – a crisp, cracker–thin crust topped by ample mozzarella, tomato sauce and very flavorful house made Italian sausage. Pizza perfection. My husband asked, “Why can’t places that specialize in pizza make a pizza this good?” We also enjoyed a seafood pasta and the Pasta Toscano – rigatoni with a cream tomato sauce and double-smoked bacon. Having overeaten the previous dishes, we did not attempt to order secondi or dessert. However, it was so consistently good I would imagine that just about anything would be terrific. The pacing of the meal was perfect. Our waiter, Peter, set an unhurried pace for the meal. Really, it felt like we were in Italy. Allowing time to savor everything, arranging the olive oil, wonderful balsamic vinegar and wine glasses with care each time he checked on us. Every time he left, our table looked like a beautiful setting for food photography or a painting. I can’t say I’ve ever noticed that in a restaurant before. We will return the next time we’re in Boston.

Visited February 2013
Phoenix, AZ
“Delicious Italian Food - Walking Distance from Boston Commons/Gardens”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Taj overlooking the Boston Gardens. We wanted to walk somewhere for a romantic Italian dinner. We stumbled upon Toscana on Charles St and were so happy we did!

The ambience was nice, and the food was delicious! My husband ordered the Gnocchi Quatro Formaggi and ate every morsel. I could not decide between two dishes - the Rigatoni Norcini and the Rigatoni Toscano - so I asked our server for her suggestion. She offered to give me one plate with half of each type of pasta. I was suprised by this type of accomodation at an upscale restaurant during a late night dinner, but quickly agreed.

Well, after sampling all three dishes, my husband and I agreed that the Rigatoni Toscano stood out as our favorite, but all three were amazing!

I would definitely recommend this Beacon Hill Italian restaurant to anyone in the area!

Newton, Massachusetts
“Decades-long love affair”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have always loved Toscano's. Like any long affair, we've had our ups and downs ... but after lunch yesterday, we're still on. The menu is terrific, the place is charming, and the service is attentive. It's great for dinner a deux, it's great for a group. I think what's best about it is it's neighborhood/old Boston charm complete with cozy brickwork on the floors and walls. I am not doing it justice with words. Go. See for yourself.

Los Angeles, California
“We liked it so much we went twice!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

On our last trip to Boston, we went to Toscano (Beacon Hill) on our first night in the city. The dinner was FABULOUS! We spent almost three hours having a relaxing dinner of appetizers, entrees and dessert. Everything was delicious. The zabaglione for dessert was amazing. We left Boston and spent a week in New England. We spent our last night in Boston before returning home. There was no question where we were having our last meal - Toscano! Our second meal was just as enjoyable. The food, service and ambiance are exceptional.

• Visited October 2012