“Fine dining with Boston's smart set”
Review of Ristorante Toscano

Ristorante Toscano
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Toscano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Cross street: Mt. Vernon/ Chestnut
Transit: Red Line MGH/Charles St. station.
Description: Nestled among the antique shops, boutiques and cafes along Beacon Hill's famous Charles Street, Toscano restaurant remains a staple of Boston's oldest neighborhood.
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were fortunate to walk in when there was a table free- it became clear that reservations were normally wise. Tables in the dining room were well spaced for customers who prefer privacy, with those in the bar much closer, like most eateries in Boston. Formal well trained service and the food was good without being over priced. This is one restaurant in Boston where you might like to dress up.

1  Thank MKfromUK

Reviewed October 20, 2011

The North End is famous for the best Italian restaurants, but this treasure in Beacon Hill can rival any Italian restaurant anywhere. The ambience was elegant and relaxing, the service attentive and accommodating and the food just excellent. The gnocci (ordered with meat sauce) was rich and tender, veal scallopini perfectly seasoned, minestrone just delicious.

1  Thank RetiredFloridian
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I cannot believe that this restaurant is so far down the list on TA restaurants in Boston. We stayed for six nights in Boston at the start of this month and I think this was my favourite restaurant of the week (and we worked our way through some of the restaurants in TA top 10). We started the evening by having a drink at the Liberty Hotel (a converted prison) and then walked down Charles Street to the Toscana. Charles Street in Beacon Hill is very cute and lined with lovely shops - great night time window shopping! The restaurant was smaller than I was expecting, but after the hubbub of some of the other restaurants this was a welcome relief. I liked the subdued decor, the service was excellent (not all all in your face and just thinking of the tip) and the food sublime. The portions were just right and there was not one thing I could fault. A lovely evening and a lovely restaurant.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We were flying out in a few hours, wandering around beacon hill/Boston common and this place got great ratings on tripadvisor so we gave it a shot

Lovely interior, we had a nice table, outstanding service and a fine last meal on our Boston trip

Prosciutto melon refreshing, some excellent wine by the "glass" (you get 1/3 bottle), and I had a sausage pizza that was solid, particularly with homemade habanero flakes

Great value as a lunch stop!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Awesome classy environment, first class service and delicious food. I love gnocci and it wasn't on the menu, but the waitress checked with the kitchen and they took care of me! My beet salad with gorgonzola was a perfect starter. I enjoyed lunch here and would love to try dinner here if in the area. The staff was extremely attentive and I couldn't have enjoyed a better lunch for great Italian. It definately hit the mark, and I am picky about the places I eat. Thanks to Tripadvisor I found this place... hope you do to! Enjoy! (very reasonable too!)

1  Thank Eureka1965