“High Quality, Pleasant Dining Room, Great Location”

Bristol Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bristol Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Arlington T Stop
Description: Boasting floor-to-ceiling views of the iconic Boston Public Garden, Bristol restaurant and Bar is the city's best restaurant for fine dining, drinks and conversation at all times of day. On weekdays, power breakfasts and lunches are followed by a vibrant dinner scene. On weekends, the restaurant is the place to be for signature cocktails, a date night in Back Bay, or dinner before taking in a show in Boston's vibrant downtown theater district.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had been in Boston for six days and decided on our last night to have a drink and early dinner before packing.

My wife had a "dirty martini", perfectly prepared, and I had a martini straight up. Good size martini's. My wife had oysters, fresh and quite good, and I had the golden chowder, an excellent preparation of the traditional Boston Clam Chowder without the potatoes. Very satisfying. I had the paella negra (black rice, calamari, chorizo, sofrito, & saffron aioli), very creative and tasty, and my wife had a gluten free meal, a very satisfying tossed lobster salad. We each had a glass of wine, a Pighin and a Wither Hills, both quite good.

I noticed that some reviewers have remarked on the cost of eating here, and I would note that we are paying for the comfort of the restaurant (what a pleasure to eat in the restaurant where the tables are set comfortably far apart, and the carpeted room enables one to carry on a conversation easily without raised voices), the quality of the food, the service and the location (there are floor to ceiling windows looking on to the street and the Boston Garden, very pleasant). So while the cost is high, the value is there, it seems to me. For example, dinner at the Cafe at the Taj Hotel, in the same area, costs about the same but doesn't compare satisfactorily on the other bases mentioned above.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone in this general area who is interested in a high quality meal served in a pleasant environment.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I can't believe this is the first time we have ever had brunch at this Four Seasons. The atmosphere is a little on the casual side.

I frequent the Four Seasons DC brunch monthly and this was even more delicious by far!

For only $48 a person you get an assortment of cold and hot foods. Everything is done wonderfully, even the desserts.

Our favorites were the prime rib, lobster ravioli, French toast bread pudding, and poach egg on cornbread and sausage with hollandaise sauce. All the desserts were amazing. The berries were fresh and sweet and the gingerbread Madeleine was divine. Come to think of it, the DC Four Seasons should steal their pastry chef!

1  Thank travellotus
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I like everything about the Bristol Lounge, especially the couches and tables near the Boylston Street windows.

1  Thank GiancarloP44
Reviewed November 1, 2013

As the name suggests, this is more a lounge than a formal dining room. I thought it was distinctly overpriced – well over $100 for a poor main course and 3 glasses of wine. I ordered the chicken and the portion was tiny. The bill was brought by the waiter when I said I did not wish to order a dessert. Three times he came back to me asking if I had signed the bill while I was still finishing the wine! Despite the fact that he said that there was no rush, I definitely felt pressured and it was not a good experience. Indeed, for a top class hotel I was surprised to see that the second glass of house wine that I ordered (at $22 a glass) was poured into the first half full glass and charged for as a second full glass. Overall not a good experience.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We must have been there on an "off" night--the first game of the World Series--and possibly the cook and wait staff were distracted. As we had just arrived after a long flight, we opted for their light menu. I ordered their only vegetarian option, pasta with olives and eggplant. Perfectly done, pasta is heaven. This entree ($28 I believe) was anything but. Swimming in a bland tomato sauce, unaccompanied by rustic bread with olive oil or a small vegetable or salad, it was heavy and dull. I ate half of the small portion and left it. At no time did the waiter inquire as to why I had not eaten much nor ask if I might want Parmesan shredded on top. The tab for our two light meals and beer was just under one hundred dollars. Not a large amount for a good experience but a lot for a very poor one.