“Identy ???”
Review of B & G Oysters

B & G Oysters
Reserve with OpenTable
B & G Oysters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 3,404 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: Waltham
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Developing a sense of self or an identity is an essential part of every individual becoming mature.
I think this might be this restaurants MO!
I did the valet parking and entered through the front door. NO, I was informed that I came in the back door and that I had to go to the back to get seated.
Anyway, I ordered the oysters on the servers recommendation. They where the best. The servers are in tee shirts and blue jeans and serving dishes that have a fine dinning presentation. Small portions beautifully presented. I may have gone along with the upscale presentation and price had the servers been wearing something other than jeans. If they where going for upscale maybe a could have seen them a little more often.
A bar atmosphere with white table cloths and cloth dinner napkins.
You know overall, it was a good meal, over priced and service that was just ok.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was disappointed. Sounds like it's a favourite for many people, but not for me.
I was looking forward to the lobster roll. The lobster was good, but something
was missing. I'm not sure what it was. It was expensive...that's for sure.
I stuck around and tried the fried clams. They were just ok.
The french fries were the best part of everything.
I did try 2 oysters. One was from New Zealand. It was very good... would
recommend the New Zealand oyster:)
I did enjoy sitting at the bar and watching the cooks...that was good!!
Maybe they do fish better than shellfish...
The whole thing was expensive and just didn't seem worth it.
I wouldn't return.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I saw a tv show which talked about the best sandwiches in the US, it said to come here and get the lobster roll. I had a lobster roll once or twice before so I am no expert, but this one was clearly above the rest and clearly made of high high quality ingredients. It wasn't too maynoisy, it was quite fresh with lime and spices. It was soooooo good. I ordered it to go and was so happy that I did.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Walked by this place I've been meaning to get to for a while now and they sat us right away at the bar. I do suggest reservations and sitting in the al fresco dining area outside its beautiful! Our server was attentive, friendly and made great suggestions. I had the white wine they bring in especially for them it was delicious and perfect for our oysters. We had a dozen with 4 varieties and they were all amazing! The mignonette they serve is fabulous. We really enjoyed the open kitchen watching everyone's meals go out. Such care and precision is put into every dish. The Shrimp Beignets were absolutely out of this world and the smoky sauce they serve with it is perfection! After that we shared the fried oysters served in the shell on the most incredible tartar sauce I've ever had! The Hubs loves dessert so we got the chocolate cake with cherry sauce it did not disappoint. Everything was delicious. The portions are just perfect so you leave feeling great and not overstuffed I loved every minute and can't wait to return!

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Excellent fresh seafood. Great staff and ambiance. Even though it was a very busy evening, the service was perfect, the meal delicious. We ordered the halibut which was made beautifully. Even the fries: not greasy, sprinkle of parsley. Would highly recommend.

Been to B & G Oysters? Share your experiences!