“great service”
Review of Papa Razzi

Papa Razzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Papa Razzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Newbury Street
Transit: The Copley stop on the green line is right across the street.
Description: Papa Razzi offers the best of Italian scratch cooking: simple recipes, fresh ingredients, and passionate chefs. Inspired by the modern trattoria, each of our convenient locations makes it easy to enjoy a heart-warming meal from our wood-fired ovens. Everything from thin-crust pizzas to favorite pastas are made to order in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit!
Phillips, Wisconsin, United States
“great service”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Enjoyed my beef tenderloin and Harpoon IPA! Great service also, I was there during the weekend of the Boston Marathon. The restaurant was very busy but the staff kept up wonderfully!

• Visited April 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Traveling to Boston for business, happened to find Papa Razzi. The staff was excellent, and the service was fine. The food was excellent, with adequate serving sizes. It was delicious, and not overly seasoned with salt. We were so impressed, we are heading back for dinner.

Amman, Jordan
“The best veal escallop ever!!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've been having the Scallopine (veal escallop) for about 15 years and I'm yet to find a better place that serves it than Papa Razzi. I've tried a lot of other great items on the menu but I find it hard to resist this specific dish. The taste, size, tenderness satisfaction are beyond what words can say.

Every time i visit Boston, it is a "must eat" on my to-do list. Can't wait to be back!!!

The Hague, The Netherlands
“A very good restaurant in excellent location”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you are looking for a descent restaurant in a very good and safe neighbourhood, Papa Razzi is a safe choice. We ordered various plates, from pizza to beef, everything came on time, rightly cooked and tasted delicious.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bland, unremarkable food. Fairly good service.”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My mum and sister and I wanted to sit outside on the patio, but it was already 65 degrees and the manager insisted on keeping the heaters on. The heaters emanate intense heat when you are sitting within 5 feet of them. One of the heaters was right next to our table and, although the waiter offered to turn all of the heaters off (given that it was a nice night), the manager insisted on keeping them on and making his guests miserable. We moved 3 times because we kept getting mixed instructions on what was going on with the heaters on the patio. We ended up sitting inside and had a very sweet waitress. The food was totally unremarkable. I had the orriechetti which was completely bland with only a few random chunks of sausage and some extremely bitter broccoli rabe. My sister got the risotto which was like mush. It stuck together in a gelatinous consistency. My mum's pizza was the best out of the three, and it was still pretty average. The waitress did go out of her way to make a custom dessert that I requested called affogato. The meal was just not that good and the manager was rude. As for atmosphere, mostly good, although we were seated next to a family with a screaming baby who was later breastfed in the area next to the bathroom for all to see.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Papa Razzi? Share your experiences!