“overrated in my opinion”

Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe
Ranked #238 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Fairfield, Connecticut
“overrated in my opinion”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had heard all the raves about Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe so I tried it out. The meal was fine, but it wasn't much different than what I could have received for breakfast in any number of other diners. I had no problem with the meal, but I don't get all the hype about this place.

• Visited January 2012

Florida
“Pancake Mountain!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a great American diner! Our server sat us with 4 Bostonians and they were all so friendly! Immediately we were in conversation with them, and given the low down on what to choose for breakfast. It seemed all four had their own favorite! I opted for the blueberry pancakes and bacon. I eventually reached the summit of pancake mountain, by which time another 4 people were sitting at our table. There are patrons waiting for tables the whole time, and you know it's good if the locals use it.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Doug_the_Elder
Connecticut
“Great”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a great diner like restaurant that serves breakfast until 1:00pm when they close on Saturday. Enjoy sitting at the counter or at a table with others who are also enjoying a tasty meal.

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“I would eat here every day!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This food never gets old and never will! The place is an old-style diner which is obviously popular. If you wonder what the food is like, all you have to do is see the crowd waiting to eat here..The wait is WORTH IT! Whether you are craving breakfast or lunch food, you will not be disappointing. I recommend the French Toast. Best I've ever had!

• Visited December 2011
Sao Paulo, SP
“Cash only, no restrooms, expect to wait in line...”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

You read the title and thought why I gave this place 4/5? If you only made the title you already have all warning need.
It's one of those old style places with good, cheap sandwiches, a couple of main courser and overall good food, and great value.
Service is OK, not great. No credit card, no restroom.
Very important: closed on sundays and closes 2:30 weekdays and 1 pm on Saturday.

• Visited October 2012