“Chic spot for a Latin-inspired brunch”
Review of Masa

Masa
Reserve with OpenTable
Masa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #361 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: Arlington and Berkeley
Transit: Arlington T stop green line, or Back Bay station on the Orange Line
Description: Masa Restaurant & Tequila Bar is an original trailblazer in the South End's "Restaurant Row,” one of the hottest dining destinations in Boston. The alluring space has been part of many wonderful memories since 1998. The copper bar at Masa is a local landmark, stocked with one of Boston's premium tequila and mezcal collections, complemented by award-winning margaritas, a carefully curated beverage program and its pioneering tapas menu.
Wakefield, RI
“Chic spot for a Latin-inspired brunch”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We arrived around 9:30 on a Sunday (so I guess we were there for breakfast) but the entire brunch menu was available. The restaurant was hardly full but we were oddly sat right on top of (literally 3 inches from) the only other table of 2 in the place! We tried not to let this dampen our spirits, as we heard great things and were excited to try for ourselves. We were immediately brought a basket of yellow and blue cornbread and 3 spreads - I always thought breakfast should have a bread basket! The bread was warm and comforting. My husband and I then each had a plantain empanada - delicious! My husband ordered the pancakes with mango butter and I had the huevos rancheros. Sadly, mine arrived cold...like, ice cold. I'm not one to send food back but cold eggs just don't work. Our waitress was apologetic and promised another order would be out in just a minute, and it was. While the food didn't blow our mindset was the atmosphere and waitress's attentiveness that will make us come back!

• Visited April 2014

Springfield, Massachusetts
“¡Rico!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Katy was phenomenal and guided us through all the wonderful menu options. The homemade cornbread was comforting and soooo good, the latte was a smart choice after a night of drinking, but i must admit that i almost ordered the bloody mary! Seems to be a must have!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Missy M
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Great spot for Weekend Brunch”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This place has a great bunch menu. Make sure to get there before 11:30AM for their $10 three course brunch menu. I got a Mexican style omelette that was very good and fried plantains. The atmosphere is a little more upscale for its location. They also have very good mimosas!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank hdalke1
Boston, Massachusetts
“Really affordable and delicious”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of my most affordable and delicious brunch options in Boston. I had the chorizo dish for my brunch, and it was just the perfect amount. The portions are not giant like diner breakfast/brunch food but the price is reasonable. You get the "fancy" brunch feeling without breaking the bank!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank KSRuns
Portland, Maine
“Sadly Disappointed”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Not often do I get to travel out of town both with my sister and daughter. Found Masa on Trip Advisor and reviews were pretty good. Boy was I disappointed. Put us in a rear table near a party -- between the thumping background music and the party we finally gave up conversing. Dinner came out way too fast yet was cold and seemed like most everything except the steak and onion rings were made well in advance (even the salads seemed old) -- and boy they turn the tables over fast -- our entire "dining" experience was a grand total of 50 minutes. The eggplant portobello lasagne was a lukewarm congealed lump. My "special" peppery margarita seemed a watered down nothing. The ONLY nice thing I can say about the place is that we had a pleasant, sympathetic waitress. Don't go here if you want to have conversation, a leisurely dining experience or good food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SidneyK

Been to Masa? Share your experiences!