“Always consistently tasty and good, friendly service”
Review of Masa

Masa
Reserve with OpenTable
Masa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #370 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: Arlington and Berkeley
Transit: Arlington T stop green line, or Back Bay station on the Orange Line
Description: Masa Restaurant & Tequila Bar is an original trailblazer in the South End's "Restaurant Row,” one of the hottest dining destinations in Boston. The alluring space has been part of many wonderful memories since 1998. The copper bar at Masa is a local landmark, stocked with one of Boston's premium tequila and mezcal collections, complemented by award-winning margaritas, a carefully curated beverage program and its pioneering tapas menu.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always consistently tasty and good, friendly service”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm giving Masa 5 stars for value, quality and consistency. This is one of the few places in Boston that my wife and come back to regularly.

Masa's main menu is reasonably priced and is always well executed. The flavor combinations they offer and the ingredients are unique and so delicious. My wife and I ate dinner their last week. I had the halibut dish which was awesome and my wife (vegetarian) had the Roasted yellow pepper, filled with a wild mushroom and quinoa salad -Roasted Cashews, Stone Ground Corn Polenta, Pomegranate Molasses which I also thought was delicious.

We've eaten brunch here several times as well and always love it.

We come to the bar all the time for the $1 tapas which are $.50 4-7 PM and after 10 PM (insane!). The drinks are great and the bartenders/servers are really friendly.

My only request would be if they could upgrade their wine glasses from the cheapy small glass that you get at wine tastings to full size glasses which allow you to fully appreciate the wine.

All that being said I would recommend Masa to anyone in a heartbeat.

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Tapas at the Bar”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you can find a spot at the bar, try the tapas sampler with a margarita. Service is good and the sampler is a great way to try several delicious tapas. It is a great appetizer for two or three or could serve as a meal for one. Only available at the bar.

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“Lunch on a Sunday”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had lunch at Masa on Mother's Day this May, right after my daughter's university graduation. The service was good, despite it being packed and there were six family members of all ages in our party. The bloody mary was worth a second! All the food was excellent, and we had to take some of the cornbread home with us! The atmosphere was lively, a bit noisy, but everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Visited May 2013
Broomfield, Colorado
“Best Breakfast in Boston”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My son and I recently went for brunch on Sunday at Masa's, and were blown away by the quality of the food, service, and astoundingly low price. The Fiesta Brunch menu offers a 2 course breakfast including coffee for an amazing $7.95! This is no ordinary breakfast. Regular and blue cornmeal bread is served with honey butter, raspberry chipotle jam, and mango habanero jam. I had a wonderful granola with yogurt followed by an excellently prepared Southwest style eggs benedict. Our server, Christina, was very friendly and accommodating. The delightful ambiance of Masa's added to the meal. Our only regret is that we did not have time during our stay in Boston for dinner. This was definitely a high point of our trip!

• Visited June 2013
Sydney,Australia
“Masa is a mess”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Three of us went for dinner on Thursday night.The food was ordinary and the service totally absent.It was a continuous struggle to obtain attention in this massively understaffed restaurant.
I found the use of chili in everything including the cocktails somewhat overbearing so that the flavours did not always complement the food/drink.

The atmosphere is chaotic, loud and crowded. No doubt it's a popular place but I was not impressed.

• Visited May 2013