“Mussels to start were so...”

Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine Bar a Vin Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: Union Park and Tremont Street
Transit: The MBTA #43 stops at our front door at 569 Tremont Street
Description: Award winning Parisian inspired French bistro located in the heart of Boston's South End, overlooking historic Tremont Street.
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Mussels to start were so tender and had great flavor, steak frites was unbelievable with truffle flavor in the sauce and the cod dish special was very tasty as well. Wine list made me happy!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed April 2, 2008

I took a group of eight, clients and their spouses. Everyone was wowed, and the bill came in at less than $100 per head, including dessert, cocktails, and wine.

The mussels sancerre are amazing - save room to soak up the sauce with creme fraiche and rosemary. My mouth waters when I think about it. I had had the mussels here several years ago, and I'm delighted they are still as good.

What I did not expect was the lemon sole meunière - it was a pan-fried, lightly fish-flavored cloud - really more like a dessert than an entree.

I love this place and would have eaten here every night during my trip if I could.

1  Thank DorkySwede
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Wonderful French bistro food (we actually go to Chestnut Hill).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook