“Very happilly surprised...”
Review of Aquitaine

Aquitaine
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquitaine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: Union Park and Tremont Street
Transit: The MBTA #43 stops at our front door at 569 Tremont Street
Description: Award winning Parisian inspired French bistro located in the heart of Boston's South End, overlooking historic Tremont Street.
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Very happilly surprised...”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have not been there in a while and I had neglected it and boy were we happilly surprised.
The ambiance was great on a Friday night @ 8:30-9pm when we arrived. We had RSVPed on Open Table and got our A table within 10 minutes. The service was super nice and polite and the manager was @ hand. We shared the seared foie gras and it was wonderful. My wife ordered the Au poivre Filet... it was superbe.. Great cut, I believe it was a large filet mignon, that melts in your mouth and for 30$ I think it's great value. My chicken was delicious. A nice beer & wine selection and great dessert.

We eat out a lot and got somehow blase by restaurants, but Aquitaine impressed us..
Good job will surely come back again.

• Visited April 2013

US
“Great service, ambience and food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a must do when in Boston. The spring restaurant week menu was creative and fresh, the salmon was amazing as well as the cauliflower dish, the only disappointment was the veal. The texture was rubbery and was not a pleasure to eat. That was the only blemish on an otherwise tasty evening!

Visited March 2013
Concord, Massachusetts
“Party of 6 ate and drank well”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Reservation made and kept. they allow us to sit even thought the two other couples were running late. Not a big bar so we appreciated this. Service was good- but when I asked the waiter what he liked, he listed off the whole menu. I wanted his opinion as to what he liked (as well as his fav drink) and he wouldn't bite. Kind of a bummer but other than that- food, service, etc was all good. Servings aren't big but the french flair means the food is quite filling so not a problem. the fries, steak and profiteroles for dessert were yummy and the mussles we had as an app were plump with lots of sauce for dipping with the crusty bread. A nice night out-- but not cheap by any means (about $175 per couple all in). A special night out.

Visited March 2013
Hampden, Maine
“A gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We ate twice at Aquitaine in February. The first time the concierge at our hotel recommended it as being one of his favorites. When we arrived for dinner the concierge was already there having his dinner. Both occasions were outstanding food, service, wine, and atmosphere. Our waiter, Chris, was the model of a perfect waiter, knowledgable, friendly, and impeccable in his service. We get to Boston several times a year and will put Aquitaine at the head of our list of places to eat.

• Visited February 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Microscopic Portions”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

March 9th, 2013 was my second visit to the Tremont Street location. I had the Fillet mignon which was pretty good overall--no complaints to speak of, but my partner had the Saturday Special--Diver Scallops and honestly I felt sorry for him when they arrived---THREE OF THEM!!!!! Yep.....$10 for each one. Maybe skimpy portions are considered "chic" in trendy Boston, but at $30 I found the serving size offensive and a complete turn off. This will be our last trip to Aquitaine.There really isnt anything they are doing or serving here that is worth a repeat visit.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Aquitaine? Share your experiences!