“Have a drink at Cheers”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We are huge Cheers fans, so this was on our list of things to do. Conveniently located across the street from Boston Commons park. We had appetizers and dessert at the original set bar. Norms name plate is on the bar in front of his stool. The food we had was average pub food with reasonable prices. You have the opportunity to keep the glass with your drink for an extra $6.50. Who would go have a drink at Cheers and not bring home a glass? Gift shop is also small, but reasonable. If you loved the show, it is worth a stop.

1  Thank ANDY74361
Write a ReviewReviews (2,390)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you watched the show you need to go here...The entrance to the Bar is a walk back in time...I felt like I was visiting Sam and the crew while I was there...The food was okay, typical bar food...The beer is average price, I was surprised there was no gouging...You need to get a beer and take home the Mug, better value than ordering the mug on its own at the gift shop...

I saw the Cheers at Faneuil Hall, it's decent for a patio bar but you MUST go to the Beacon Hill location...

FYI, if the bar doesn't look busy, ask to sit upstairs where the show was actually filmed...

2  Thank Colin D
Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you were a fan of Cheers or like me just remember it being on TV, Cheers Beacon Hill is worth visiting. They have a gift shop along with the original bar that inspired the writers to produce the TV series. We ate dinner in the bar and I was pleasantly surprised, the food was lovely and it wasn’t expensive (I recommend the Boston beans).

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went to Boston and had to see the Original Cheers restaurant. We decided to eat there and that was a mistake. The lobster dip was not tasty. We ordered a burger and it was basically a frozen patty with kraft single processed cheese, followed by burnt microwave bacon and it was $13. For such a popular place, you would think they would make some kind of effort in their food. Beer and atmosphere was good but I would not recommend eating here. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Neat to see but food was mediocre at best . Stop in have a beer by a shirt eat someplace else..Probably the worst pickle I have ever ate...clam chowder was pretty good Norm burger just plain.