“Excellent food and service”
Review of Beacon Hill Bistro

Beacon Hill Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Beacon Hill Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #452 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Transit: MGH/Charles & Arlington
Description: Raised mahogany paneling, banquette seating, mosaic tile flooring, etched glass, discrete mirrors and a large fireplace help to create a refined and comfortable bistro environment on Charles Street in Beacon Hill. A true urban neighborhood venue, The Beacon Hill Bistro is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. While breakfast and lunch have an American/International flavor, at dinner the accent is decidedly French. Jason Bond crafts menus calling on modern bistro cuisine, “striving to balance tradition with modern tastes and techniques.” The Bistro also serves late-night dinners until 11:00 p.m. for the after-theatre, symphony, and film crowd. And, of course, Sunday brunch.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Beacon Hill Bistro is on charming Charles street at the foot of Beacon Hill. The food is fabulous. Whether you want something creative or traditional, both options are available and both are delicious. The service is exceptional and the atmosphere is, at the same time, cozy and elegant.

The only downside is that it can be noisy because the tables are in close quarters.

• Visited February 2012

Boston, MA
“Awesome”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Had a special pork bolinaise with home made tagliatelle - amazing. I wish I could get that all the time. Great wine list. Went with friends and had a blast. Tables are tight and I think the people next to us we're not thrilled at how loud we were laughing but oh well. Good service.

Visited December 2012
Boston
“Nothing special...”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went here for brunch on 12/15 around 1:30. Service was average at best. The waitress forgot our coffee as she was too busy setting up her tables for night service- annoying Food was ok...I wasn't impressed. I would go somewhere else next time.

On a side note the bathroom was disgusting downstairs!! Management needs to step up their game at this place.

• Visited December 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Disappointing Thanksgiving!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Made a reservation for thanksgiving dinner. The restaurant was very noisy, tables were very crowded together, service was terrible. Our food was mediocre for the cost.
Our vegetable arrived as we were finishing our dinner. We won't go back again.

• Visited November 2012
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“A favorite spot stands the test of time”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girlfriends and I started meeting for drinks at BHB several years ago. We've celebrated big announcements, consoled losses, and enjoyed time together. Always with consistently good food, great service, and a warm and cozy atmosphere which suits our needs perfectly.

I expanded by visits to BHB to become my go-to meeting spot for breakfast meetings. It is an easy place to have a longer meeting, it has great food (and huge portions) and the leg up to all other "fine dining breakfast" locations like the Four Seasons and the Taj? I don't feel guilty picking up the tab either to treat a colleague or to expense a business meeting.

This past Sunday, groggy from the time-change and tired from a wedding the night before, my husband and I decided to take advantage of the city and stroll to brunch. BHB, as always, offered just the right amount of choices....and great food. Forgoing the typical brunch-fare of eggs or pancakes, we opted to split the chicken club and the smoked salmon platter. Both were beautifully presented and delicious. It was his first brunch and I know that it was quickly added to his list of places to go in the future.

Service, as always, was fantastic and prompt...but never rushed. We know they like to turn over the tables at brunch and there was a line of patrons waiting for our table, but we never felt like they wanted us to leave.

Kudos, Beacon Hill Bistro, for being a go-to spot from my single days as a 20-something to my now married days as a 30-something...and a place I know I'll return for many other milestones to come.

• Visited November 2012