“Good fresh pasta and piccata”

Giacomo's Restaurant
Ranked #300 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I did take out. Pasta was fresh but did not like that they didn't put the piccata on top of it. Spaghetti was served as a side with red sauce. Red sauce was very good though. I was a little annoyed that they had no to-go utensils- not even napkins- so had to spend extra $ buying a box of plastic forks at the corner store. Portions are quite large. It was good Italian but not the best I have ever had.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We got there around 8pm on a Saturday without reservations. We had to wait around half an hour, but they were very nice about seating us as soon as a spot became available at the bar. The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. We ordered the smaller portion of the calamari - so yummy. For entrees, we had the butternut squash ravioli and frutti di mare, both were excellent. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

What an awesome Italian restaurant! I was just in Italy last year and I think Giacomo's easily match the food from the best restaurants I went to in Italy.

I was staying in the Back Bay area and my wife was looking for a place to eat. She then pointed out that Giacomo's was within walking distance and had great reviews. I remembered walking around the North End the day before and seeing a line outside Giacomo. I told my wife that I don't particularly want to wait in a line but she told me that they do take reservations. That sold me and I'm glad I went.

The food is absolutely delicious!!! You have to try their pasta with their Giacomo's sauce. The wonderful freshness of the tomatoes with a good amount of spice makes this one of the best sauce I ever had with the pasta. It is Boston so we paired the pasta with a half lobster. The lobster was cooked perfectly and maintained its sweetness. I had the raviolis with their cream sauce. It isn't as good as the dish with Giacomo's sauce but it was still very good.

Great restaurant and I would easily go back when I'm out in Boston again. I also wouldn't mind waiting in line now that I know how good the food is!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Came here for dinner on our last night in Boston.....great italian food. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the fettucine while I could not get enough of the lobster ravioli. Salads also had incredible taste. There are two in Boston and this location is the only one that will take reservations. Line was a little long when we arrived for those that did not have reservations and we walked right in and were seated immediately.

Don't forget.....CASH ONLY. Bread, appetizer, two salads, fettucine, lobster ravioli and two sodas = $63.00 plus tip. Great value for great food in the Back Bay!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just left Giacomo's Columbus Ave. Joe was our waiter and did a super job. The wife and I arrived there about 6:00 pm. Waited twenty minutes to be seated. Ordered a bottle of house Cabernet.
We decided to split the arugula salad. It was very good. I ordered th veal parm and my wife ordered salmon. Both meals were very good. Total check was $64.00. The service was great. The place was packed. We never felt rushed to exit the restaurant.. Left $14.00 tip for Joe. Giacomos has a very good price value relationship. Will return next time in Boston.