“Good food if you're prepared to wait”
Review of The Paramount

The Paramount
Ranked #48 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here last week (pancakes) following the online recommendations and had to queue for about 20mins.

The food when we got it was really good so no complaints at all.

We came back two days later and the queue was about half way into the middle of the road! We decided to give it a miss and went to another place about a block on down the street (think it was called Panitaria or something like that). We got served straight away and the food was every bit as good.

No complaints about the paramount as such, they could probably do with opening another to ease the traffic a bit.

1  Thank Redfella83
Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Be prepared to wait. This place is fairly small compared to the volume of business they do, but the food is definitely worth the wait! Ordered the caramel banana french toast. I'll be back!

1  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed August 23, 2013

By chance we were sent to this local favorite by a store clerk in a nearby shop. Our timing put us in the lunch rush but we enjoyed watching the cooks at the grill and salad stations who turn out the freshly made food fast after your order. We met Boston people in line who said the wait would be worth it and they were right. The menu on wall signs includes breakfast all day plus paninis, salads, burgers. I had a freshly made Cobb salad, large enough for two and my husband had the crab cake sandwich. We shared an order of home fries since we watched the huge pile on the grill from the line. While everything was good i should have taken a note of all the regulars ordering breakfast food. Next time it will be French toast or poached eggs - both looked great.

1  Thank Marsha H
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited this restaurant on a Monday morning and was able to walk straight in and order, despite it being relatively busy. Everything works like clockwork here! By the time my food was ready, a table had become available and I was seated and able to enjoy my Strawberry pancakes, coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. All 3 pancakes were cooked to perfection and the portion was big enough to share. The Cappuccino was just OK and was wishy washy. I would have preferred my coffee stronger. Maybe I am missing something but I did not find the breakfast to be particularly outstanding. The service, on the other hand was excellent. I did not have to wait long to order or to receive my meal and drinks. Staff were friendly and polite and spent time chatting to customers. Tables were swiftly cleared away after customers left, so there was never a long wait for a table.

My recommendation is to visit if you are in the area but it’s not worthy of a special trip.

1  Thank Smileyglobetrotter
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Enjoyed our meal at this busy neighborhood restaurant.
The place filled up fast, so go early for dinner.
Great salads and burgers, nice selection of wines and beers.
Friendly service.