“Make reservations weeks ahead of time in the summer.”
Review of Hamersley's Bistro - CLOSED

Hamersley's Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: corner of Clarendon and Tremont
Transit: We are close to the Back Bay Station stop on the Orange line and the Copley stop on the Green line.
Durham, NH
“Make reservations weeks ahead of time in the summer.”
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Order the chicken- the best you ever had.

Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
“Favourite Restaurant Boston”
Reviewed February 10, 2007

Great food, great service. Expensive but worth it for a treat.

1 Thank Persephone20
Boston
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed December 13, 2006

I have tried many of Boston's top establishments and Hamersley's did not impress me or my friends. On my most recent visit my food was undercooked, service was only decent, and my 3 dining companions had food that was only passable to good. Definitely not what I would call one of the best meals I have had in Boston.

2 Thank zstlaw
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Great cuisine, service, atmosphere”
Reviewed November 30, 2006

Our party of three dined at Hamersley's Bistro in Boston's South End last night. What a marvelous evening out! Service was discreet, helpful and unhurried. The dining room offers tasteful, elegance. While this restaurant has been a fixture on Boston's culinary scene for many, many years the chef/owner Gordon Hamersley is still very much involved and was visible behind the line in his Red Sox cap Speaking of sports, Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi was dining there as well. No one bothered him. All was calm.

The food is exquisite. I had a delicious fall salad with crispy goat cheese and a wonderful vinegarette. For my entree I had the Lobster and Leek stew with tomalley toast. Exceptional and rich. The ladies had a duck confit appetizer and rich cream of mushroom soup which was outstanding.

We've had a flurry of excellent restaurants in Boston over the years but Hamersley's keeps going strong.

Boston, Massachusetts
“outstanding food in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 17, 2006

I live in the South End and have eaten here many times. I have never had a disappointing meal here and often bring people here who are visiting or for special occasions. They use really fresh ingredients and give their food wonderful flavors. They also have several selections for vegetarians which are well done meals and not just a plate of veggies or bland risotto.

The atmosphere is nice without being stuffy. It is like fine dinning in a laid back, but tasteful atmosphere. But the highlight is really the food. I had the lobster last time I was there and it was one of the best lobster dishes I have had! Tons of spice and flavor which highlighted the lobster and didn't overpower it.

2 Thank admglick