“Outdoor dining at it's finest in the South End” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamersley's Bistro - CLOSED

Hamersley's Bistro
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: corner of Clarendon and Tremont
Transit: We are close to the Back Bay Station stop on the Orange line and the Copley stop on the Green line.
South Florida, Florida
“Outdoor dining at it's finest in the South End”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We recently ate dinner on Sunday 7/6, at Hamersley's Bistro on Tremont St. in the South End. We dined on the outdoor patio, which was surrounded by beautiful flowers and shaded by many large trees. The food was good and the service was good, considering there was only one waitress for the entire outside area. The busboy needed further training, as he was very sloppy while clearing dishes and spilled food on someone at our table and on someone at another table. The portions are not large, but the dishes are creative and tasty. The deserts were also creative, many using summer fruits.

Visited July 2014

Alabama
“Must do in Boston!! Phenomenal! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I can not say enough great things about this place!
My husband and I are foodies and frequent great restaurants.
The service was outstanding and friendly. The atmosphere was a perfect blend. The food was out of this world.
The chicken dish is literally the best chicken I've ever had in my life.
The chef was so nice and even chatted with me after.
Would highly recommend giving it a visit while in Boston!

1 Thank rolltide7
San Diego, California
“Sublime food, service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

impeccable service, food was on point, atmosphere was fantastic. Worth every penny. Thank you for our wonderful experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sdtraveler2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Creative cuisine and wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary so I researched where I might get a wonderful vegetarian dinner in the city of Boston. I narrowed down the search to Hamersley's Bistro and Olena. I chose the bistro because it was within walking distance of our hotel. It did not disappoint! The night we dined they were changing over their menu to their summer menu so they were a little behind schedule in sitting people because they were having a menu tasting with the wait staff. We chose to sit in the window seat by the bar. If you dine in the main dining room you can watch the open kitchen chefs cook your meal. Exciting for some, but as a professional chef I would rather not watch the show. Also it was significantly louder in the main dining room. We split a wild mushroom and garlic starter. It was divine. My husband had wild salmon in parchment and I had polenta with roasted vegetables with roasted tomatoes. The presentation was artful and the service was top-notch without being stuffy in the least. We split blueberry buckle with a lemon sherbet. The blueberry buckle was not as good as my own but the housemade lemon sherbet was one of the best flavors I have ever eaten. It just exploded with lemon. Wow! This bistro is not cheap but it is worth every penny!

Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Rich, French food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Lovely outdoor seating, pleasant wait staff ( except bus person who didn't seem to like his job!)...which did not detract from our dining experience. We had chicken and beef tenderloin, both prepared very well. My son had a beer he enjoyed and they had a good Malbec on the wine list

• Visited June 2014