“rude - unused to foreigners”
Review of Hamersley's Bistro - CLOSED

Hamersley's Bistro
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: corner of Clarendon and Tremont
Transit: We are close to the Back Bay Station stop on the Orange line and the Copley stop on the Green line.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My 5 star hotel organised a reservations her. Unfortunately we never managed to eat at this restaurant. Having dealt with an extremely rude women , who said she was the general manager- we decided to take our business elsewhere. Seriously will not be recommending this place my international friends. Not sure whether we had to be part of the Plymouth crowd to be dining here? Perhaps it would have been better if we revealed who we know or even who we were. Was not sure causing a diplomatic incident was the way to go. I leave the USA with a bad taste of poor customer service in my mouth.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were visiting our son who goes to college in Boston last weekend. Our older son had always wanted to try this restaurant and he happened to be in town also. We went on a Friday night and it was busy. The tables were turned over very quickly. I made have ordered the wrong entree but I liked my appetizer much better than my main course. I had a mushroom and spinach risotto which was excellent. It may have been that I was somewhat full by the time my entree came. I got a vegetarian entree with a custard with mushrooms accompanied by apples and Brussels sprouts in a cider sauce. The sauce was great but the Brussels sprouts were hard and the rest of the dish didn't hit the mark for me. The waitress said to order the chicken which someone did and said was excellent. We had a bottle of wine which my husband said was a decent price for a restaurant. We also shared two chocolate desserts which were very good. Overall it was a good experience but we thought it was somewhat expensive for what we had.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My daughter just moved to the South End and she took us over the weekend to a neighborhood restaurant that was remarkable. The menu changes seasonally and we were treated to many autumn dishes featuring root vegetables, pumpkins, grains, fresh fish, fowl and so much more. My favorite appetizer was a duck dish that just fell off the bone served in a rich sauce. I also loved the vegetarian dish my daughter had which was a small pumpkin filled with wild rice and surrounded by an array of delicious roasted root vegetables. For dessert I had an apple upside down cake, carmelized on the outside and juicy on the inside with a side of Vermont maple ice cream. The service was outstanding and we sat in our own little corner which was quiet and comfortable. If in Boston this place is well worth the stop. (Good idea to make a reservation)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We took a family group here for a celebration and it was a great choice. Warm welcome, warm and competent server and skillful management of our courses...all first rate. And what comes out of the kitchen is special. Members of our party raved about the lobster waffle, the apple tartlet, the hummus starters. Entrees were the bomb...especially the smoky flavor of the filet.The ingredients here are top notch...a lovely pheasant, a biting blue cheese, hearty broths and great sauces. The one note of concern was a slightly too spicy lobster...but in fairness, we were warned. If you go for a bday, order the chocolate cake. Just delish!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was the first time I ever saw a lobster waffle on a menu. I thought it was a bit odd but when I tasted it I realized the there are still wildly creative chefs out there creating delightfully different dishes that I would love! I loved this restaurant, the service and the overall ambiance offered here. It is no wonder that it is called the best restaurant in Boston.

1  Thank P8483TCalanr