“One of the best restaurants I've eaten at in Boston.”
Review of Hamersley's Bistro - CLOSED

Hamersley's Bistro
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South End
Cross street: corner of Clarendon and Tremont
Transit: We are close to the Back Bay Station stop on the Orange line and the Copley stop on the Green line.
Reviewed April 22, 2008

One of the best restaurants I've eaten at in Boston.

Reviewed April 16, 2008

Very good fresh seasonal dishes, great waitstaff

Reviewed March 27, 2008

Went to Hammersley's after reading good reviews. Managed to get a table for two a week out for peak hour on Saturday night through Opentable.

Was very busy with quite an atmosphere when we arrived, didn't feel stuffy and seemed fairly informal. Older folks were dressed up whilst the younger crowd weren't out of place in jeans.

Service was a bit slow to start off with but attentive enough once we got going.

The food was definitely very good, but not out of this world. Interesting conbination of meats and flavours. Were surprised to find out from another table that the chicken is the signature dish, alas we'd already ordered other things. My wife's pork, duck and garlic sausage cassoulet entree was a treat on a cold Saturday evening, although I felt from a taste perspective my duck confit appetiser was the stronger of my two dishes. Considering the relatively average size of the portions they were very filling and had zero room for dessert. Quite a pity. The excellent wine list is also worth noting.

I got the impression that on another night the food could have been a step up and my entree could have matched the appetiser. I might even order that signature chicken next time round...

I certainly enjoyed the Hammersleys experience and wouldn't have a problem returning, or recommending to someone but if I was looking for a special night out I might consider elsewhere.

1  Thank OP2002
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Best chicken in the city

Cambridge, Massachusetts