“A Sushi Suprise in Copley Square”
Review of Osushi - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food was terrific, lots of variety and great vegetarian choices...The mushroom miso soup is a must try. The music was a bit loud and didn't fit the room. Service was attentive.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Terrible food/service. Worst ever. Seaweed salad, sashimi - 2 tuna and 1 salmon. Grocery store sushi looked better. I was hungrey so I ate it,paid dearly for it at 9 last night. Tasted very bland, recently defrosted. Presentation was bland, boring,very small portions. The wait staff was nonexsistant.No one in resturant, still food came very slow. I had to ask for my tea 2x, my check 2x. Got up to find my check and waiter was on his cell.BTW - I love sushi where ever and when ever I can. I love the raw fish best. This was really really bad.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went here for the first time on Feb 6th with a work colleague and though the food was outstanding the speed of the service was more reminiscent of a French restaurant. So if you can get the menu online, call ahead of time and place your order so hopefully the timing would work better for you than it did for us.

But will definitely go back here for the food.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Tasteless sushi in a place called Osushi, need I say more... I had a basic menu, perhaps I should have tried the more exotic-looking offers. When I went to the restroom I glanced into the kitchen; it didn't give a very clean impression. Also very small, with at least five people working in there. Waitress was very friendly, though kept us waiting for a long time.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have eaten here over 10 times over the past 5 years. This visit was after a break of a year and the standards are clearly slipping. There used to be a great host to meet you, this time I was met by one of the waitresses who seated me. I ordere the tuna tartare which was good but not great. Then I ordered an old favourite, the crab and avocado salad. This used to be almost completely crab and avocado only but now it had lots of water cress and cucumber added which was horrible. There was lots of chatter from the chefs behind the sushi bar, I guess they were bored as it was 7.30 on a Saturday night (used to be packed at this time in the old days) . The place was always dark and cold. Needs a complete re-design and a fresh approach to the food and service