“We were disappointed.”

Ranked #306 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The online ordering and delivery were fast and easy. That was the best part of my experience. Our group ordered a few difference dishes and the chicken parm and chicken allo antonios where pretty good . The tomato and mozzarella had no basil no Balsamic vinegar, def less than special. The bruschetta was made on mildly toasted baguette slices than were soggy from sitting in olive oil (we threw it out). Eggplant parm was just a bowl of mush. No bread or extra shredded cheese. Left me wishing I ordered from somewhere else among the many great Italian eateries.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Antonio's Restaurant on Cambridge St. Boston (right across from the main entrance to Massachusetts General Hospital) is the best homemade Italian food ever.
Unfortunately I had a patient at MGH but fortunately I was introduced to Antonio's !!
What a restaurant - the service is great, the wine the right temperature, the price extraordinarily fair and the food, suberb !!! I have gone six (that's 6) in one week for either lunch or dinner, wow,
one meal was better than the last. I can't wait to bring the whole family.
Reservations are accepted but expect to wait on week-ends - closed Sunday - they deserve it !!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went to this restaurant after spending the day at the New England Boat Show. Its located near MGH on Cambridge St. It is a quaint little place just outside the North End. Everything we ordered for dinner was awesome, especially the homemade pasta and the tarimasu was the best I have ever had.. Quantity was perfect and prices very reasonaable. A great meal was had by all.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Small, perfect, authentic, and I went 2 nights in a row! The special is really special. Best meal ever.

1  Thank CONSTANTINE P
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Antonio's is a small, but cozy Italian restaurant that is family owned and managed in the Beacon Hill area of Boston. It is across from Mass General Hospital and diagonally across from the Holiday Inn. The restaurant has a loyal customer following for years that come to the restaurant for a good Italian meal at reasonable prices. I eat lunch there periodically when my schedule permits as I work in the area. The service has always been very good and they do offer specials each day for both lunch and dinner. A few months ago, a friend from Maine came to Boston for a medical appt at Mass General and stayed at the Holiday Inn (the hotel staff always recommends Antonio's for guests). I took her to dinner at Antonio's and we really had a good time. We went early as the restaurant does get crowded and were shown a nice table close to a large Italian family that occupied the middle section (a good sign). I usually have a light lunch when I do eat there, so this was my first time having dinner there. The closeness of the tables does promote conversations with fellow diners, and in this case, the matriarch started to speak with us and was nice enough to recommend certain dishes that she loves (what better recommendation can anyone have?). Her recommendations were invaluable and we enjoyed a delicious seafood pasta meal. The two of us had a fun evening with the family next to us...and I thought it was like being invited to an open house in the North End. If you are looking for a quiet, intimate restaurant for a special dinner or occasion, Antonio's may not be the best choice. But if you are looking for a good Italian meal...in a authentic setting....with good service...and more important, reasonable prices, Antonio's cannot be beat.