“Shrimp & Scallops”
Review of Abe & Louie's

Abe & Louie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Abe & Louie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Two blocks from the Copley "T" stop.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My order was shrimp and scallops, which was accompanied with risotto that was very well prepared. Reservations are necessary, you will be promptly seated, but keep in mind there is a dress code. Specifically, no sports apparel, or t-shirts inside. There is a sidewalk area to dine that may be different dress code. Prices are $$$, and there were young ones dining as well. I would recommend dining here to enjoy steak, or shrimp.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

The food was excellent, pricey but lots of selection. The atmosphere of the restaurant was surprisingly noisy.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I was starved and Kenny, veteran server that everyone should know, took great care of me. I was a single diner today which often is relegated to the back burner. Not here at age and louies. Kenny told me i could get half orders in salads and sides. Had a yummy cocktail, substantial half wedge salad which was awesome, perfectly done lamb chops and a half order of tasty creamed spinach. It came to $72 which is high but expected and I felt like a queen after an arduous day.

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to Abe & Louie's and I suppose the food was good but not special.

For us however we felt the waiting staff weren't great unless you like being served by someone who clearly feels that 'that the doing you a favour approach' is the best way to approach your clientele. Our server was just not interested.

The food was as expected; good but not great. The prices are high and I suppose that and perhaps the management should step up their staff training so that it is on par with the prices.

And when we left the restaurant at around 11pm almost all the waiting staff were sitting at tables counting their tips! That's poor!!!

1  Thank MartynLW
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I found Abe & Louie's while walking around near my hotel. Once I saw streak tartare on the menu, my decision of where to have dinner was made. I was eating alone, yet the service was attentive and excellent. The staff was there when needed but did not hover. The food, steak tartare, wedge salad, filet and baked potato were all attractively served and tasted really good.

I will make sure to go when I am in Boston again. And highly recommend it.