“Thought it was the best steak ever”
Review of Abe & Louie's

Abe & Louie's
Reserve with OpenTable
Abe & Louie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Two blocks from the Copley "T" stop.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The first time I went to Abe and Louies, I left thinking I had just had the best steak ever (bone in filet). The one downside during my first dinner was the $25 lobster mac and cheese with roughly one small lobster claw.

The second time I went to Abe and Louies, I didn't think the steak was as good as the first time. I don't know if this speak towards the lack of consistency having only been there twice. I will have to go at least one more time to know for sure.

Side note - the smashed potatoes are amazing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I stumbled onto Abe & Louie's by accident, just by walking Boylston looking for a lunch spot. The foursome leaving as we walked by all seemed happy, which is a good sign when observing guests on the way out. So in we went.

Even without reservations we only waited a minute or two for a table. Tables are a bit close, and the sound level is energetic, but the food was excellent. Some steakhouses are a bit snooty when you tell them you want to split a steak and a salad. This one was just fine. things were split in the kitchen, so each plate came out well presented, rather than one diner getting everything and the other getting an empty plate. Service was very good - attentive when you needed something and elsewhere when you didn't.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The steak, fish, and salad were perfect! The waitstaff were friendly, except for the excessive proofing of one member of our party. There was doubt about a 23 year old although she was with 2 adults.

1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I went there with friends. Good place to hang out and enjoy a nice conversation. I liked the steak but I hope they mention certain soup was cold or hot. I also liked the design of the bathroom sink. It looks fun~

1  Thank Bing X
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Thankfully the food is great that you can overlook the aloof waiter who did not seem to want to work that day. Barely came to our table and spent more time talking to other staff and focusing on the customer.

1  Thank terwell

Been to Abe & Louie's? Share your experiences!