“Great Thai Food and Service”

Montien Thai Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Download app for iOS or Android and use code: "montien12" - To save 12% off your order
New Bedford
“Great Thai Food and Service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

No matter how long between visits, the wait staff ALWAYS seems to remember you. In addition to a full menu of Thai delicacies and staples, there is a substantial selection of sushi platters and a la cart rolls. I frequent Montien regularly for lunch and often enjoy their creative combination plates. Chili Chili Duck is my favorite entree. Great Tom Yum with shrimp! The staff is attentive and courteous. I love this place!

That said, the dinner menu is exponentially more expensive than the lunch menu; more so than similar restaurants. So, I tend to stick with lunch.

• Visited January 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“interested in takeaway”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I have had meals here before but on the 1st of january it was terrible , we ordered and waited 30mins for starter and main course to arrive together , we asked to hold the mains when they were brought back they were cold and the sauce had congealed on the plates . We just wanted to leave we were given our drinks and soup free gratis, we still left. Throughout the time we were there takeaway orders were stacking on the bar the focus was on that side of the business and not the people dining in the restaurant. We won't be back to many other places to eat in the city

• Visited January 2013
Milwaukee
“Tasty Thai”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

While attending our annual conference in Boston an associate and I spotted the Thai restaurant near our hotel in the theater district and decided to venture in for lunch. What a delight. We found a very extensive menu, helpful and pleasant staff. If you like Thai food you will love this place. Don't leave without trying the sweet rice with mango. Yummy.

• Visited August 2012
Indiana
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was directed here by the front desk staff of the Doubletree on Washington. This is a very, very nice restaurant with a great staff and an unusually creative presentation, given the fair pricing for menu items.

As usual when I travel, I put myself in the hands of the server, telling him I was looking for something with no meat or dairy, that seafood was "OK" and that the spicier the better. (I shun all animal-based protein except when I travel to areas that have fresh seafood, then allow myself to indulge).

He suggested a couple of items, we talked about it then, settled on an appetizer and an entree.

The appetizer was grilled shrimp something-or-other with the shrimp presented upright. Very clever and very tasty.

The entree was a seafood medley of shrimp, squid and mussels, again very tasty and, while I could have used a little more heat, spicy enough for most people.

This was my first visit to Boston and I fell in love with the city. So...I'll be visiting again soon and will certainly make Montien a "must eat here" stop when I do.

Visited December 2012
Haverhill, MA
“Good lunch spot in Theatre District”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Close to the shows, and close to attractions of downtown Boston. I have had lunch here many times. Duck and Curry are really good. Prices are reasonable for downtown. Portion is decent for Thai.

• Visited October 2012