“Excellent food and service - Great pre-theatre place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Teatro Restaurant

Teatro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Teatro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,186 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Avery Street
Transit: Boylston/Green Line
Description: Teatro Restaurant is defined by its vibrant, casual elegance in both atmosphere and food. Nestled in Boston's Theater District, Chef Jamie Mammano takes a contemporary approach to classic Italian dishes, offering craft cocktails and fine wine. The seasonal menu boasts fresh pasta, grilled thin crust pizza, charcuterie, fresh seafood and specialty meats prepared with the utmost care in our open kitchen. Whether out on the town with friends, or off to a nearby theater with a date, Teatro lends its grace to any occasion.
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service - Great pre-theatre place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is an excellent pre theatre spot but be sure to make reservations. The food was excellent. My husband had a wonderful pork tenderloin dinner and I had great homemade tortoloni. The wines were nice and not overpriced, the bread was GREAT and we had a fabulous dark but not overly rich chocolate cake with homemade vanilla gelato. The wait staff was excellent. The only complaint is that, like so many city restaurants, it is VERY noisy - almost to the point that we couldn't talk. The tables are very close together which makes it worse. But it is the city and the place is small so it's understandable but still not as pleasant an experience as the food warrants.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ellie B

• Hebrew first
Boston
“Excellent!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Apps, bread, mains all very good. Both the beet and arugala salads are excellent. Pasta very good.

Service attentive despite the frenetic atmosphere. Highly recommended and I will be returning.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank tworthyreviewer
Halifax, Canada
“Great food, lively atmosphere and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Our concierge recommended this place based on us asking for a restaurant that was modern, lively with a good atmosphere and great Italian food. We got it all with this restaurant. The food was well done and attention to quality was evident - not too overcooked or too much flavour but letting the natural tastes of the foods come out. The most impressive aspect was the service. Timing of the wait staff was impeccable to make it seem that we were always a focus of attention without being overwhelmed and unable to carry out a conversation.

1 Thank kleaman
Montpelier, Vermont
“Pleasant experience, good food before a show”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I dined here before attending a show on September 13. We found the food to be very good and the service friendly and efficient. I had the scallop dish--after looking at the website and seeing how good it looks I had to try it--and my wife had a different dish that she also enjoyed. I read the reviews of the tables being too close together, but I did not see that as an issue. Compared to restaurants in San Francisco, these tables are spaciously separated. I would definitely choose again Teatro for a meal before a show.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank microfilmer
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The first thing I noticed at Teatro was that they seemed determined to bunch diners up together, despite the restaurant being almost empty - puzzling! My wife was also served the wrong appetiser, which was disappointing as we were on a tight schedule at the time. My octopus with white beans was excellent, but my antipasto was bland at best, and the component parts seemed to have come from jars! In summary - not good, but not bad!

Visited September 2013