“Food worth waiting for....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pigalle - CLOSED

Pigalle
Cuisines: French, American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Stuart Street
Transit: Red Line- Park; Green Line- Boylston; Orange Line- New England Medical
Boston, Massachusetts
“Food worth waiting for....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Nice interior but somehow not the best atmosphere. Service is a bit slow. Food is excellent! Espresso machine broke down, though.... Would come back but not the best in Boston....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank michael g

Newton, Massachusetts
“Restaurant Week 2012 - A different view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit to Pigalle and I feared for the worst because my host and hostess chose Restaurant Week and Friday in Restaurant Week to boot. This cute and small restaurant has been in operation for rwelve (12) years and is operated by a husband and wife team.

I found the Restaurant Week offerings to be interesting. I chose the sole and found it to be delicious along with the corn soup appetizer. The drinks were equally excellent (I had a Beefeater martini extra dry on the rocks).

What was outstanding (and different) was the feeling that the entire wait staff was teamed up to serve everybody in the place. Different servers for different courses and someone always looking over your table. I would definitely go back there and plan to do so in a few weeks to sample the non-restaurant week offerings.

2 Thank BobofNewtn
Belmont, Massachusetts
“Restaurantweek 2012”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've been longing to visit Pigalle for quite a while. Restaurant week seemed a great opportunity. We started with half a dozen oysters. Half of those had a very unpleasant fishy taste and were dry --suggesting they were not terribly fresh. Hopefully, we don't get food poisoning. My husband had steak tartare, which was amazing. I had the duck liver terrine which was good, but the portion was small and the beets that came with it were very sweet. For the main, my husband got the duck confit a l'orange. It was very very sweet, which he was okay with. I got the escargot bourgignon. I don't think I have an unusually large appetite, but again I felt like the portion size (just 6snails!) was skimpy for a main course. For dessert we got the fallen chocolate cake--it was amazing. Our service was quite good. We enjoyed the meal, but I am still pretty hungry --after 3 courses! I'd like to go back to see if this mediocre experience is just a restaurant were aberration.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MelissaHE
Salt Lake City
“Great tastes, very spendy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Went as part of a business trip trying to find a place we hadn't been in an area close to our hotel in the Theatre district. This would be a nice place for a romantic dinner/theatre date. I was in awe at the prices. I am used to high prices in Boston but this seemed exhorbitant. After recovering from sticker shock, we really enjoyed our meal. The asparagus soup was very nice. Creamy and flavored with herbs and lobster. ($18). The duck was fabulous. The house specialty cassoulet was good. Good experience overall. May try the bar menu next time.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stslc
Boston
“Vraiment Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

A tiny gem of a bistro. I take my visitors from Paris, and they are charmed and delighted. The menu is authentic, local, fresh and perfectly prepared. The service is chic yet attentive. It's not cheap, but the quality warrants the price I think. Bon Appetit!

Visited July 2012