“Pretty much as represented by TripAdvisor writers”
Review of Grill 23 & Bar

Grill 23 & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 23 & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Stuart Street
Description: Brandt family beef, New England seafood, seasonal produce, decadent desserts, a world-class wine list, outstanding service and warm hospitality. Private dining for 140 or more. Award winning food and wine. A truly American experience. This is Grill 23.
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Imagine the meat loaf served in a diner in paradise--that's what we enjoyed most--modest food wonderfully prepared and courteously presented. Very good and imaginative halibut dishes as well. Pricey but worth it for an occasional indulgence.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed April 27, 2009

One night in Boston and could not have chosen a better restaurant ! My husband had the Filet while I had the Prime Rib. It could have fed a family (Flintstone size) and was cooked to perfection !! Drinks at the bar prior to dinner the potato chips were incredible (don't think crunchy processed potato chips) think tender, spiced and flavourful slices of potatoes...delish. Cozy seating upstairs, very romantic. Only comment was a tiny bit noisey. Would return in a minute !!!

2  Thank CruiseWhere
Reviewed April 2, 2009

On one occasion I had terrible service - actually felt they were trying to embarrass me in front of the group I was hosting. I had ordered a medium rare steak that came to me well done. When asked if I could get one medium rare they proceeded to bring one that was raw. On another occasion my steak was dry and lacked flavor. Forget about trying to hear the conversation at the table. Even when there were only four of us I could barley hear the conversation.

Reviewed February 13, 2009

My Wife and I decided to go to the Grill 23 & Bar last night, mainly due to the reviews here at trip advisor, but also because it was near our hotel (Jurys hotel). We have had some wonderful meals throughout our stay in New York and Boston, but unfortunately, this wasn’t one of them.

Firstly, there are no prices on the menu, which I found irritating. From previous reviews, we knew the food was expensive but $160 for a Steak and Swordfish main meal ( without dessert or appetisers) and a couple of Budweiser’s is a little expensive.
We spent over twice that at Daniel in New York and were very happy with it, the main difference was that the food at Daniel was exceptional and so was the dining experience. At Grill 23, neither could be said. The food was average at best and the restaurant was very noisy with lots of business types shouting over their colleagues to get their point heard.

Overall, we were very disappointed. Definitely not worth the money. There are plenty of other nice places to go in Boston. Avoid!

1  Thank ufonix
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 11, 2009

The food is ok but not worth the price they charge for. The atmosphere is like old gentleman's club and very LOUD. Not a good place for a romantic dinner.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook