“Probably the best steakhouse in the world”
Review of Grill 23 & Bar

Grill 23 & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 23 & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Stuart Street
Boston
“Probably the best steakhouse in the world”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've been to pretty much all the big names in the US, this tops them all. I don't think it's possible to have a bad meal here.

• Visited January 2014

New York, New York, United States
“One of the best steaks ever!!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Helpful service the moment you walk in the door and friendly. The food was great with large portions and the filet melted in your mouth. The sides were well worth the price. Overall a great dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good food!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went here for a dinner with my colleagues and really enjoyed it. Helpful service, good food and a really nice wine list. The steaks were really good, juicy and well-done. Definitely a place to recommend for every sort of customers, family, couples or business related.

• Visited October 2013
“Too bad poorly cooked steak”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We frequent places with steak often. I had been looking forward to this meal as I've only has the great chips at the bar and my fiancé has always liked the place. The first time out my " medium" filet was purple. The second time out it was rare. The third time out it was burnt rubble. It wasn't til the third time and requesting a manager that someone came out. Our server was very nice but the lack of acknowledgment of messing up when this is something they are supposed to do well was upsetting. I doubt id go back for dinner. Even the brussel sprouts were rather mushy.

• Visited December 2013
South Burlington
“Grill 23 & Bar- Superb steakhouse”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

A few days ago we celebrated my son's 21st birthday at a place he researched and picked. The place in question is the Grill 23 & Bar in Boston's Back Bay area. It just a couple of blocks from the Prudential Center. The 2 story restaurant is larger than we thought with lots of wood and beautiful Christmas decorations. We were seated in the second floor near the last dining room. There were very few open tables.
After sitting down the waiter explained to us the menu choices and the specials. A basket with several different kind of warm breads was placed in the table. We enjoyed a bottle of Gary Farrell 2010 Chardonnay, Mojito and a Cosmopolitan. As appetizers we tried the fried calamari, crab cakes, truffle tots and french fries. All very tasty and warm. I tried the New England Shellfish Chowder and it was very delicious.
As main course we ordered Beef Tenderloin, Steak Frites, Pan Roasted Sea Scallops, 100 Day Aged 18 oz Ribeye and my choice the Dry Aged New York 14 oz steak. My whole family enjoyed their choices; the food was well prepared and deliciously seasoned. My steak was really tender, juicy and perfectly cooked as med-rare. Our meals had several side dishes that included Brussels sprouts, crab salad, beet salad and shrimp.
For dessert we tasted the Famous Coconut cake and the Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée. Both were excellent choices, very satisfying. For a great finish we drank Heitz Ink Grade Port.
I can say that this dinner is one of my very best anywhere. From the decor, the impeccable service and the very high quality food this is a place to dine for a memorable experience. In terms of cost, it is high but we'll worth it. If you have a special occasion to celebrate, this is the place to go. On average it will cost you around $60-$90 per person not including alcohol. My only negative comment relates to noise level. Unfortunately we were seated next to a group of young prosfessionals that were very loud. Next time I would look for a table in a smaller room. Ask the hostess for quieter location.

Visited December 2013