“fantastic service; cozy ambience; good food”
Review of Taranta

Taranta
Reserve with OpenTable
Taranta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #237 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Cross
Transit: Haymarket or Government Center T Stop on the Greenline
Reviewed May 1, 2014

A group of 6 of us ate dinner here. We changed the reservations a few times, but the restaurant was incredibly accommodating and helpful. When it came time to pay, our server graciously and helpfully agreed to work with us as we split up the bill. Throughout the entire meal, he was helpful, enthusiastic, professional, and attentive. Everyone we encountered at the restaurant, in fact, displayed these qualities.

I enjoyed my meal, which was fresh, tasty, and unusual. (I chose a ravioli special). I have to admit, however, that I envied the salmon dish my friends ate, because that looked fabulous. The "Amazon fish" was very good, though perhaps slightly overcooked -- but the preparation and flavors were good enough to compensate. Unfortunately, we were all far too full to try the desserts, which sounded pretty good.

I liked the atmosphere, which was intimate without feeling cramped and classy and elegant without feeling stuffy or pretentious. One thing to be aware of, however: we were seated on the very top floor, which required climbing three flights of stairs; four flights up and down to the toilets which are in the basement. This was not a problem for any of us in my party, but if you have trouble climbing stairs, you might want to request a spot in the main dining room.

All in all, we were very pleased with this meal and our overall experience. I would definitely return on a future trip to Boston.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Salmon with asparagus & risotto was pretty good, except for the weird sweet chili sauce around it. Simple pasta dish was pretty good too. Tables are tightly spaced on 3 levels. Lots of stairs. Bathrooms are nice, but again more stairs, down to a 4th level in the basement. Service was prompt and friendly. Would recommend as long as stairs aren't a problem.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I had never been to Boston so we asked an Italian man standing outside a bar on Hanover St, "What is your favorite Italian restaurant in the North End?" He quickly replied, "Grezzo or Taranta.". We chose Taranta and were thrilled with our meal of ravioli and paichi fish. Salad and bread were great and service was 5-stars. We highly recommend Taranta.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our Party of Five enjoyed the restaurant's vibe, service and food while we had a nice visit. The wait staff were friendly, made helpful food suggestions (the mussels are especially wonderful) and did not try to rush our experience. In addition to the mussel appetizer we shared a Caprese salad with fresh mozzarella that was flavorful and not watery, and then four of us had different pasta dishes (all good) and my husband had the pork (large, tender chop). We finished the night with shared chocolate souffles!

1  Thank PDXonthego
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Italian/Peruvian Cuisine!? I wasn't sure what to expect from this Boston North End spot but from calling for a reservation to stepping out the door this restaurant is all about service. Great wine selection, special of the night was a fish very similar to sea-bass..outstanding entree! Leave some room for desert because the cannoli & lemon sorbet were homemade and a perfect finish to a great meal.

1  Thank melmic