“Perfect for a Birthday Dinner”
Review of Taranta

Taranta
Reserve with OpenTable
Taranta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Cross
Transit: Haymarket or Government Center T Stop on the Greenline
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had the daunting task of finding a last minute reservation for a party of 8 to celebrate a birthday on a Saturday night.... I'm always skeptical of places that will take a large party last minute, but Taranta didn't disappoint! They have 3 floors, so they have more seating than most N End restaurants. Their menu has a unique, Peruvian twist, and it was hard to decide what to order as everything sounded delicious! Our waiter was wonderful and gave us great recommendations. We started with the mussels, they were in a marsala sauce and were super tasty! I had the gnocchi with the lamb raggu and I will definitely be back to have it again! My husband and my dad had the paiche (fish) special, which they both raved about - they were also amazed to hear about the Amazon fish, which can get up to 600 lbs! Other good dishes we ordered were the pork chop, pappardelle, and pollo. We will definitely be back; as my dad stated "best Italian meal he's had in Boston."

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Taranta is a Restaurant who serve Fusion food...italian and peruviand ingredients make this restaurant like adventure...pretty good balance between...and some new dishes...good drinks, Im recommend pisco drinks...very tasteful and good.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Small place in the famous North End of Boston near Hanover street. Everything we had was delicious but smaller portions for some dishes. Fresh bread and olive oil at seating. What makes this different from the standard Italian restaurants is their mix of some ingredients..yucca gnocchi for one and it was delicious. Large grilled shrimp on crab ravioli with a lobster sauce...delish!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I took my fiancé here for valentine's day. The food and the service were outstanding. The chef is very innovative and the menu is always changing. They even offered us a complimentary glass of champagne as soon as we sat down!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Location : Boston North End in the heart of the Italian area. A vibrant and busy area.
Service : Excellent. Waiters were all knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. I found that they were excellent listeners
Food : The arugula salad with roasted beets and goat cheese was amazing. The calzone appetizers were good. The wine list was good, the beef with yucca was absolutely awesome and was enough for three meals. The ravioli stuffed with lobster and shrimp was fantastic. Everything was plate licking good.
Price : $ 160

The waiter was a great part of this positive experience. All the staff were excellent.

This restaurant is quite popular and I would recommend a reservation. The food was a real treat because I could not make something this good at home. I loved it!