“Really Really Really Good !!!”
Review of Taranta

Taranta
Reserve with OpenTable
Taranta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Cross
Transit: Haymarket or Government Center T Stop on the Greenline
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Location : Boston North End in the heart of the Italian area. A vibrant and busy area.
Service : Excellent. Waiters were all knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. I found that they were excellent listeners
Food : The arugula salad with roasted beets and goat cheese was amazing. The calzone appetizers were good. The wine list was good, the beef with yucca was absolutely awesome and was enough for three meals. The ravioli stuffed with lobster and shrimp was fantastic. Everything was plate licking good.
Price : $ 160

The waiter was a great part of this positive experience. All the staff were excellent.

This restaurant is quite popular and I would recommend a reservation. The food was a real treat because I could not make something this good at home. I loved it!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was at Taranta for a private group event that included a cooking class and large group dinner. Every thing we made under the chefs' direction was fantastic. The four chefs who helped with our meal were engaging, warm, knowledgeable. Everyone learned something new and the meal was delicious. While I can't comment on the normal dining room experience, I'd strongly recommend this for a group adventure. I applaud chef Duarte for his commitment to running an ecologically-friendly, no-waste kitchen. I was fascinated to hear about how they are striving to reduce the environmental impact of everything they do. Kudos. I would definitely return for a regular dinner.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a dinner here recently and was quite impressed. They do Italian but with Peruvian influences - never seen that before. But it works...and getting a bit of spice in some Italian inspired dishes is a great result.

The antipasti to share is excellent and perfect to share. A group of 5 we shared 3 starters - that was plenty.

There are a few specials each day as well - the ravioli stuffed with chicken and a chilli infused sauce comes with (as the waiter iterated) a 'Purple Olive'...yeah a purple olive was place on top of the ravioli...added little to the dish but the waiter was sure to warn us of this.

Wine list is small but quite good.

Overall very happy.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I wasn't expecting to eat pork at an Italian restaurant, certainly not like this pork chop! This quaint 3 story restaurant has all the charm you'd expect from the North-End. The service has always been topnotch and the food - once notch above that.

While I wanted to have pasta, the double cut pork chop caught my eye. After reading the description - with a sugar cane - rocoto pepper glaze - my mouth started to water. And it didn't disappoint. Every cut and every bite, I felt bad because I didn't want it to end. If you consider yourself a carnivore, this is your dish.

Ask for a table by the window on either of the 3 floors.

The staff is awesome. It was a great night.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

It can be tricky to find really interesting as well as good food in the tourist trap of North End. This Italian/Peru fusion restaurant can be relied upon to deliver. It is innovative, consistently trustworthy, and with really informed and helpful staff. Last night my wife had paiche, a fish from the Amazon, which was delicious. Feeling hungry, I had the double port chop on sugar cane. It is huge, but more to the point, it tastes wonderful. It comes with corn - one of the hundreds of different types of corn found in Peru. There are more conventional Italian-style dishes on the menu also, but the flavors of the more Peruvian dishes are just amazing. There didn't seem to be a kid's menu, but we saw one happy looking young kid eating with his parents. The place is not pretentious at all and makes one feel comfortable, including ordering dishes you have never heard of before.