“More Italian than Peruvian”
Review of Taranta

Taranta
Reserve with OpenTable
Taranta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #202 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Cross
Transit: Haymarket or Government Center T Stop on the Greenline
“More Italian than Peruvian”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food was excellent. Try the Pisco Sour cocktail along with the antipasto and the causas. The porkchop is a must!

Savannah, Georgia
“Very good food and setting”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Attractive setting, excellent service and fabulous Italian menu. Located in North End.

Zapata rated and locals' favorite. Reasonably priced ($8 to $10) wine by the glass from an expertly selected wine list.

Visited November 2012
Deerfield, Massachusetts
“Fast, attentive service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I really appreciate that my girlfriends and I could make reservations via OpenTable and that our table was ready as soon as we walked in the door on a busy Saturday night. We ate upstairs which was full--but not overly crowded. We started with the 3 stuffed, mini-calzonis (Calzoncini fritti), the shrimp toast (Gamberetti agliolio con brocoli rabe) and a special arugula, beet and goat cheese salad. All three were delicious, especially the buttery, garlicky shrimp toast. We all had different wines and it was nice to have a selection of reasonable wines by the glass. For entrees we had the cassava root gnocchi w/ green lamb ragu (the sauce was great, the gnocchi too dense for my taste), the lobster ravioli (the dish was delicious if uninspired) and the parchment baked gemelli. I loved the sausage and pasta, the smoke and green pepper flavors, though, were rather overwhelming. We were too stuffed to attempt dessert, but were allowed to linger, which was very nice. All in all, I would recommend Taranta for other friends who are looking for something a little different but not too crazy and with attentive, unobtrusive service.

Ottawa
“Great food friendly service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went here for the first time with friends when visiting from out of town.
We made a reservation however when we first got there our table wasn't ready so they took us upstairs where we had the second floor mostly to ourselves for most of the evening (one other table came in part way through).
We had the day's special salad - spinach with beets, pecans & goat cheese which we all really like. I had the lobster & shrimp ravioli which was quite good and my husband had the macademia encrusted salmon which was amazing! Our friends had the gnocchi and another sausage pasta - both of which they enjoyed a lot.
Waiter was very friendly however was slow to bring more water towards the end of the meal. However we sat and talked for a long time and didn't feel at all rushed.

orlando florida
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is in North end which is traditionally Italian. Taranta is somewhat Italian in that there's pasta on the menu, BUT where it is different is in the flavors. My son had the gnocchi but it was made with cassava root not potatoes, with a slow braised “Chicha de Jora” green lamb ragu and shaved parmesan (Spicy), I had the special of the day a 600 lb amazon river fish. It was THE best fish I had ever had. The waiter assured me it was only a piece of the 600 lb fish -- but serving size was more than adequate! My husband's choice was on the menu and was the best of the three (but the other two were very good)> He had a rolled pasta (like cavatelli) baked in parchment paper with a sauce of onions, pancetta Abruzzese, roasted tomatoes and smoked sweet peppers. OMG it was FANTASTIC. The flavors were incredible. Make a reservation, they were turning people away the evening we were there. YUM!

Visited September 2012