“Poor service and average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Mother Anna's

Mother Anna's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mother Anna's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #271 of 3,188 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Between Cross St. and Richmond St.
Transit: Congress St @ Hanover St (191, 192, 193) Haymarket Station - Outbound (Orange Line) Haymarket Station - Inbound (Orange Line)
Duluth, MN
“Poor service and average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

We ate at Mother Anna's in Sept 2009. This place was recommended to us by friends, so we had high expectations for it. This was the first restaurant that I ate at while in Boston and I wished that I had chosen someplace else. We dined during the middle of the afternoon and there were only about 3 tables filled in the entire restaurant. Service was slow, possibly because there was only one waiter on duty. I did not enjoy the food. It was just nothing special. I left Mother Anna's feeling disappointed that I did not get the most out of my Boston-Italian restaurant experience.

Nevada
“One of our most memorable meals...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

After 10 days on Cape Cod and touring in Boston, we ate at Mother Anna's on our very last night. I was thinking I'd have to give up my dream of eating in the north end, since we had our 3 year old in tow, and he was crabby and not up to "quiet" restaurant behavior.
How fortunate that we found Mother Anna's! It was a perfect choice for our family. They have seating outside, which meant our little guy didn't have to be quiet, and he enjoyed looking around. The servers were great with him. But the food!!!! What a wonderful, wonderful meal we had there. I'm literally still thinking about it a month later. Even the Italian house dressing on the salad was out of this world. I've tried to copy it at home, but to no avail.
Good food, good wine, good service, a romantic table outside on a beautiful starry summer night in my favorite city in the world...what more could one want??

Manchester
“Keep walking.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

The food is not that special, there are many other restaurants in thie immediate area which are better.

Quiet Corner, CT
“Even in a crisis they were amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

First, we happened upon Mother Anna's by googling something like "lunch in Boston with Kids." Several people recommened it, and I can see why. When we arrived, the restaurant was more than half full (patio included) and they had ONE server! Apparently one of the scheduled servers called in sick. We were amazed by the staff's ability to make it seem like nothing was wrong. Other than our "waiter" being the chef (how FUN was that?), we were thrilled with our experience. The food was unbelieveable-- our 5 year old LOVED the ravioli and the linguini with white clam sauce was the best I've had in a restaurant. We also loved the lobster raviolio. If you are looking for a fantastic lunch in a welcoming atmosphere (where they handle crisis like a dream!), consider eating here.

2 Thank KraZ4food
Jacksonville, Florida, Usa
“Average food, Good Service, Bad Policy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

You can find great Italian food everywhere in the North End, so restaurants need to find ways to set themselves apart. Unfortunately, Mother Anna's does this by charging $2 for a small soda, and not giving free refills. The food is average... good portions, but mediocre red sauce. The service was very good, but she should have told us that they did not give free soda refills when we asked for more. I know that I'm harping on that fact, but who still charges for that? $2, no less.

1 Thank wahoo7