“Great Italian lunch in the North End”
Review of Mother Anna's

Mother Anna's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mother Anna's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #239 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Between Cross St. and Richmond St.
Transit: Congress St @ Hanover St (191, 192, 193) Haymarket Station - Outbound (Orange Line) Haymarket Station - Inbound (Orange Line)
Seattle, Washington
“Great Italian lunch in the North End”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

TripAdvisor led me to Mother Anna's (and I'm glad it did), so here's to spreading the word. I was frantically searching for an Italian restaurant in the North End that serves lunch because I realized - two hours before my flight - that I couldn't leave Boston without eating North End Italian. All I wanted was a quick bite to eat...nothing fancy, red sauce and pasta with some sort of Italian atmosphere.

Boy, am I glad I chose Mother Anna's. Located right by the Haymarket Green/Orange Line stop, the Aquarium Blue Line, and the Downtown Red Line stop...kind of...it is located on a street corner right as you enter the Italian North End. When we (my mom and myself) walked in, the main dining area was abuzz with a flurry of activity: locals speaking Italian over bread and oil, gasping over the piping hot pasta dishes, and giving no indication that it was actually 1:00 on a Tuesday afternoon.

We were seated quickly and immediately dug in to the fresh bread and garlic oil. Delicious! I ordered the linguini with meatballs ($11) and my mom had the lasagna ($10). For the size of these dishes - huge - the price was well worth it. Despite feeling full about halfway through my bowl of pasta, I finished the entire dish because I just couldn't stop! The sauce in itself was light and was not spread too heavily across the dish. The meatballs were salty, a little sweet, and went wonderfully with the linguini. My mom enjoyed her lasagna (as did I, when she couldn't eat the rest!). Service was quick and attentive, despite having 3 members of the wait staff for a full restaurant. Our waitress smiled at us every time she stopped by our table and actually seemed happy to see us.

My only complaint is that soft drinks did not come with free refills. I thought this could have been better advertised in the menu but, at $2 each, I can't blame them for keeping it out. Now you know! Drink your sodas slowly...

Other than that, no complaints about Mother Anna's. No matter what your exact tastes are, if you're in the mood for authentic Italian, you're in the mood for Mother Anna's.

• Visited October 2011

pembroke pines
“Homemade Italian”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My husband and I loved Mother Anna's! It's very close to the Haymarket T stop and it's one of the very few Mom and Pop ran places left in the North end. We went there for lunch and the portions were huge and the prices were very reasonable!

• Visited September 2011
“Great Italian Food in the heart of the North End”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Ive been here several times and always go back when I'm in the North End. The fettuccine Alfredo is to die for. Also make sure to try the sangria. Service was great and everyone i was with enjoyed their meals. Can get busy, so make sure to make a reservation! It's right on the end of Hanover street across from the Improv Asylum ( which also makes a great night out!)

• Visited June 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Felt like part of the family!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our waiters name was chris. Chris was very attentive and he made sure we were happy and our drinks never empty. The family is there all the time and participates in working. All the staff were friendly. Got the linguine with little necks. Order it white. It is the only way to go. Clams casino were just right. Also compliments of the chef for my mothers birthday got some nocchis. Out of this world!! Not chewy or gummy and def not over cooked. They were to die for. CAN NOT PASS THIS PLACE UP!

“Quaint restaurant, amazing food!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This place has great service and amazing food, decent value and the best creamy Italian salad dressing i've ever had!