“Been going here for 25 Years ! FRANCO,( owner)will Treat you Right!”
Review of Dolce Vita

Dolce Vita
Ranked #262 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
New York City, New York
“Been going here for 25 Years ! FRANCO,( owner)will Treat you Right!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My picture along with Franco should be hanging on the ' wall of fame' along side the small bar area. I am ALWAYS seated at Table # 1 ! Always !
I have been frequenting this Restaurant for 25 years and there are Good reasons for it. Besides being of Sicilian Italian decent as is Franco .
CONSISTENCY in all areas! CONSISTENCY !
Fabulous service , fresh ingredients, delicious food, reasonable prices and ambience ! A good time had by All !

FABULOUS Personal touch service by Franco and the wait staff that are all efficient, helpful, friendly and professional. Franco actually roams the room and makes everyone feel right at home as well as orchestrates the upbeat proceedings. You ARE' his Familia' when there ! Really ! He is genuinely happy you are there ! He sings at your table ( has a Great voice) for Birthdays and Anniversaries as the lights are all dimmed down low and the focus is on the table that is celebrating the special event.
In addition, from time to time there is Antonio ( 80 something years old ) from Italy, that's strolls around with his accordion and sings authentic Italian songs to serenade you. He is a genuinely happy soul and adds to the authentic festivities ( tips appreciated).

Don't be surprised if Franco grabs your menus and just asks you what you want to eat and then "Will Cook it for YOU " .

My last visit I had the seafood Risotto cooked in parchment. Killer ! When I opened the parchment, the heavenly aromas overtook me, and I savored every bit with appreciation.
WHATEVER food you order should be wonderful. If its not to your liking Franco will correct it and make it right ! Yes...you can tell him Ric C said so....smile.

For the past 25 years ,' every time' I walk in this establishment Franco and I greet each other with a bear hug and kisses on both cheeks. Its what Sicilians do !

Yes, there are many fine, outstanding restaurants in Boston's Little Italy North End to choose from.
BUT my friends take it from me there is' ONLY ONE FRANCO GRACEFFA', happy Proprietor and Owner of Dolce Vita. The ' sweet life" ! The family atmosphere exists here.

When you go there to dine....tell Him Ric C from Connecticut sent you ! Perhaps he will show you our picture on the wall of Fame. Or I may see you there on my next visit !

Hey My friend Franco...How You DOIN ??

• Visited December 2012

Napa, California
“Comfort food and service Italian style.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Homestyle food with homestyle service. Not fancy or expensive. Comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Owner was checking in on each table. Without a doubt would eat here again.

Illinois
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We checked out the menus at a dozen or so restaurants in the area before deciding to stop here based not only on the entrees but also on a recommendation from a diner and the fact that they only charged $2.95 to share a plate (compared to $7.50 at the place a door or two down-our family of four wasn't terribly hungry). Prices were right in line or lower than everyone else in the area. Split bruschetta, ravioli, and shrimp scampi with fettucine-all were excellent and plenty for the four of us. Service was very good. We got a kick out of the roving accordion player. Owner shook our hands and thanked us for stopping by-small touch that we appreciated. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Seabrook, Texas
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

WE were met at the street/door by the owner. Can't get a better welcome. The seafood was fresh with freshly made pasta. Portions were generous. Service was attentive. We were told about the restaurant by a local and it was a great choice.

1 Thank jac2580
Marietta,Georgia
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Owner”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Every time we come to Boston we have at least one meal at Dolce Vita. We were in the northeast for ten days during our last trip. The first and last night we went to Dolce Vita. Both times I had the Chicken Marsela and it was great! My husband had the Lasagna and Veal Parmesan which he loved! Owner is very hands on and friendly. The wait staff was always on hand. Every time we go we request a table by the window. No Problem. When in Boston's North we will always go to Dolce Vita!

1 Thank MariettaGatorGirl