“Italian home cooking in a North End/Little Italy restaurant.”
Review of Dolce Vita

Dolce Vita
Ranked #262 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant makes you feel like you have stepped in an Italian home. Franco greets you at the door to take you to your table. He also serenades you with musical entertainment throughout the night in a roving way so it creates a warm ambiance. Drinks are very good as they have full bar selection and great wines. I tend to lean toward Italian wines bc I prefer them. This restaurant is not just an Italian restaurant but they also serve Sicilian dishes as well that are special wonderful and unique to their own credit as well. I love this place bc it makes you feel comfortable and relaxed while enjoying delicious good with warm Italian hospitality. I don't expect to get cold formalities from a server and other staff so this place is perfect in that respect bc they go above and beyond to make it a great time. I took my parents and their friends from many years ago that I had reunited and they absolutely loved the experience. Franco even helped us secure a parking space on Hanover St. so my mom's friend did not have to walk far due to an injury. Value for your money spent is very good too.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

From the friendly Owner to the roving Musician (Antonio) and the extra wonderful meal this was a delightful evening. We had a reservation but the Owner was on the street welcoming people into his "home". We felt like honored guests and had a grand experience. Dishes of note - the Osso Bucco (fabulous) and the Fettucine Primavera. Great wine pairings and a talented mixologist behind the bar. I would highly recommend a visit to this gem.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

a close friend of mine knew the owner, great family style meal, We never even looked at a menu,
old italian man playing instruments and singing with the owner,
food was excellent and place has lot of character.
Thanks for taking us there rich we will be back next July

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Encouraged in by owner outside restuarant. Offered starters of garlic bread which average. Buffalo tomatoes with mozarello very nice. Hoewever veal dishes absolutely delicious as was accompanying pasta. Good size portions and too full to try dessert. Apart from a bit of a wait for main course, both my husband and myself thoroughly enjoyed the meal and would recommend this restuarant for an authentic italian meal. I was surprised by the reviews who graded this restuarant quite badly as the food, we felt was tasty and satisfying and presented very nicely. Would return when next in boston.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went to this restaurant based with a group based on a recommendation. We were welcomed by the owner. He suggested a platter of apetizers including meats, olives, buffalo motzarella, etc. Some of the group had entrees from others, like me, worked with the owner to create an entree. I had veal, shrinm and scallops. The entree I had was excellent and based on the comments from other in the group all of the entrees were excellent. The wait staff was attentive without hovering over the table. I would go back to this restaurant the next time I would be in Boston.