“Barely touched my entree”
Review of Torch - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Asian, French, Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed August 9, 2005

Went here because the user reviews on Citysearch were good. We showed up on time for our 2-person reservation then had to wait a half hour to be seated. Finally they stuck us at a table that basically blocked a hallway (I think they brought the table out from storage). The appetizers were good (one was almost drowned in olive oil), but my fish entree was so "fishy", I could tell it was old. My boyfriend had salmon, which he deemed okay. The thing that killed us though was that the waitress didn't even stop to ask if something was wrong with my dinner before whisking my practically full plate off the table. We eat out a lot in Boston and New York, and never had we experienced a waitstaff who didn't at least raise their eyebrows or ask if we wanted to take the rest home with us before just grabbing a full plate off the table. My boyfriend then was telling a colleague at work about it, and was told that everyone knew this about Torch. They didn't understand who thought the food was good...

2  Thank MEBBED
Reviewed February 8, 2005

We enjoyed our dinner and dessert- very friendly staff, chef willing to make some adjustments with ingredients not on the menu upon my request. Tables a bit close together, price a bit high, but that's fairly common in Boston. Super location on Charles street.

4  Thank bostonbased