“A real find.. Best service we have experienced on our travels”
Review of 75 Chestnut

75 Chestnut
Reserve with OpenTable
75 Chestnut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A really lovely restaurant, with a nice bar and great service. Our waiter Anthony was well informed and I can honestly say that's the best service so far we have had on our visit to the states. He even got me to taste clam chowder ! A first, which was surprisingly good. The overall experience was great and I would wholly recommend this for either a special occasion or just a drink at the bar with some very good snacks.

1  Thank Dmcd89

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Last Saturday my family and I -- a party of 13 -- arrived at 75 Chestnut for a dinner celebration of my mother's 70th. I had called a few weeks earlier for the reservation after a work colleague recommended the restaurant to me and though they already had a large party reserved for the same time, Betsy was confident her staff would be able to handle all of us and agreed to take our reservation.

The night of our reservation we had stopped for a drink on the waterfront before dinner, and we were running about 10 minutes late as we navigated the streets to 75 Chestnut. I called to let the staff know we were a few minutes behind and would be there soon. They told us to take our time as there was a small party that was still finishing dessert in the area they had reserved for us, and that our patience would be much appreciated as the couple there finished their dinner. We said of course, no problem. When we got to the restaurant we waited on the sidewalk as it was a beautiful night, and as we were waiting the staff brought us a cheese and cracker plate, which was very thoughtful.

After a short wait we were seated in our area, and we had fantastic service from our waiter -- I wish I could remember his name to thank him here as he was really great -- and we were also treated to two complimentary and delicious appetizer towers from Betsy, who had taken our reservation, as a thank you for our patience for the wait. It was such a nice gesture and goes a long way to tell you the kind of committment to service this restaurant and its staff has, as we hadn't waited long at all.

Our drinks and meals were all delicious, from the steak au poivre to the seafood stew to the steak tips and more...everyone was so pleased with their meals. This, coupled with the lovely atmosphere, really attentive, accommodating waitstaff, and the above-and-beyond gesture from Betsy, made this a really lovely and special evening for our family. We were all so happy to have spent this special occassion at 75 Chestnut, and they have lots of new fans in our family.

Thank you all at 75 Chestnut, and to others, please do try this gem -- you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank jkcat
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We used the TripAdvisor app while in the Beacon Hill section of Boston and it steered us to 75 Chestnut. We had a very nice lunch. Both our sandwiches were as described and very tasty. The service was super fast and friendly. This is a place I would definitely try again. They have a brunch on the weekends and the dinner menu is full of tempting items.

1  Thank NYBrownsFan
Reviewed June 17, 2013

While walking along the brick sidewalks of Beacon Hill on our way to have dinner with visiting friends, an incredible seven-band rainbow emerged . As we entered the tiny foyer of 75 Chestnut we told the hostess who assured us that we had received a "gift from God".
Auspicious, the Romans would say.
Our light supper was most enjoyable. Our waiter was formal but attentive and we had quite the variety: salads, pasta, a cheeseburger, and crab cakes. Everyone was pleased! The crab cakes were delectable, light, with a little zing, and the cucumber salad that shared the plate was the perfect accompaniment.
We've enjoyed 75 Chestnut in every season. There are specials most nights of the week, pairing wines with prix fixe menus, a wonderful Sunday brunch, and an easy flexibility in splitting entrees. It's important to ALWAYS call for reservations.

1  Thank Gail G
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stopped here for a late lunch. We sat at a high top table in the bar area. Service was very fast as our order of BBQ sirloin sandwich and grilled turkey sandwich seemed to arrive in just minutes after placing our order. Both sandwiches were very well prepared and made for an excellent lunch. I would love to try this restaurant for dinner on our next rtip to Boston. This was a very welcome find for us.