“BEST.STEAK.EVER.”

OAK Long Bar + Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
OAK Long Bar + Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth
Transit: Green Line - Copley Orange Line - Back Bay Station #33 and #55 Buses to Copley Square
Description: Welcome to OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, a stunning American brasserie style restaurant located in the heart of Back Bay in Boston. OAK is a bold, inspired dining concept, bringing you hand crafted, specialty cocktails and a farm-to-table menu featuring locally sourced ingredients.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Truly the best steak we ever had. It was a generous sized rib eye with Gorgonzola and marrow. It was exquisite! My husband has never had a steak like this, and he is a real steak lover. I had the Oak burger and it was made with the same cut as the steak, it was just ground and was so fresh and delicious. The flavours were exquisite. This restaurant really took us by surprise. It far exceeded our expectations. Can't wait to return!!! It is a lively restaurant and quite noisy and boisterous but it adds to the ambience. Love the dark atmosphere and dark wood accents. There's a lot of history in this place!

Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

My goodness, thank you for the best review ever! We truly love hearing such great feedback – I know Chef will be thrilled to hear such a rave response to his Bone-Out Rib Eye (and Oak Burger!). Thanks again for your comments. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Enjoyed a brunch there with the family. Good food, Service was good, prices are too high. Decor is nice, it is attached to the Fairmount Hotel.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ate here with some colleagues. There were 6 of us - the seating arrangement seemed a bit odd - sofa and a few chairs - but it was OK .
Food was certainly imaginative and there was a great choice of wine but the service was quite slow - our food arrived before the waiter sorted out the wine which was left sitting on a side table before being poured for us.
This is a busy place so its lively but there is a good atmosphere.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had been to the Old Oak room and it was one of my favorite spots. Now its NOT. The service was terrible, and its very loud. The tables are practically on top of the bar. Again, this is now a bar scene, and not a restaurant.

My wife and I started with a large cheese plate, which was enormous. It was the ONLY plus of the night. This was the best cheese plate I've ever had. For the main course, my wife had the chicken dish which tasted like all other pieces of chicken. I ordered the pork chop and was very disappointed. Again, very average.

During our dinner the waiter kept apologizing after checking in every 30 minutes or longer. He was terrible. The Oak Room must have cleaned house because everything has changed. I'd only recommend going for the bar and cheese plate.

Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Hi Eric, thanks for your feedback. You are absolutely right - we are not the “Old” Oak Room and aren’t trying to be. We are an entirely new restaurant, from the decor to the atmosphere to the menu style. That being said, I’m quite disappointed to hear that your service was less than exceptional and for that I do apologize. We are working to improve the speed and quality of service in our very busy and vibrant new restaurant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Thank you, again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The menu seemed quite creative, but it was expensive for what you got. We had 2 clam chowders, a kale salad (me) and a house burger (my partner) and with tax and tip it came to $75, which was somewhat ridiculous. The decor was snazzy, but the clientele seemed somewhat "pose and glare" and the staff was rather indifferent. I loved the hotel, but this place was a bit too pretentious and expensive for my taste.