“Perhaps I Ordered the Wrong Dish”
Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a beautiful looking place located in the Back Bay area. Went because of all the screaming great reviews.
The opening salad was great. They make a dynamite Martini. I went with the duck which our server told us had been on the menu since the place opened. Was good but very greasy. My partner had some delicious pasta.
Service was again average. the server repeatedly stationed himself in between our table and the one next with his derriere to us. A little slow towards the end.
Would probably give it another shot when back in Boston and not order the duck.

1  Thank jonnyrosen

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I went here with some work colleagues as celebration after completing a project. The service was painfully slow, however, when the food finally arrived, it was divine. And the wine list was superb. I'd definitely go back, but I'd make sure I showed up earlier.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

A beautiful dining experience with great food. I loved that it was roomy and elegant inside. I didn't get the noise level issues that seem to plague other diners. I had a delicious arugula salad and the tenderloin. We spit a carrot cake, which I normally would not enjoy, but it was caramelized and covered in a sauce which made it delicious. Staff was ok, attentive enough.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Atmosphere: Awesome atmosphere. Very similar to Sorellina but bigger. Great staff too, props to their trainer, everyone carries themselves well and all are very friendly and attentive.

Food: I believe that Dine Out Week is designed to open the doors to new customers, hook them and keep them coming back. That is exactly what Mistral did to me! The salmon tartare with avocado was spectacular. Their pork dish was excellent as well. It had a sweet and salty sauce that brought the plate together. Their bread pudding was to die for. So good we ordered another. All in all, it was a great first time experience. I usually dine out at local steakhouses for Dine Out Week, but Mistral will be staple on my list.

Overall: When you look around the other tables and see dishes that make you mouth water, such as their roasted duck dish, you know you need to come back. Mistral, so lucky I found you!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

A group dinner on a Wednesday night and the place was packed. It was noisy at first and we had a hard time hearing but that seemed to be the fault of one very loud group ... when they left it was much easier to carry out a conversation. I had the assiette of baby beets with goat cheese and cara oranges for an appetizer. It was disappointing. There were a few small pieces of beet, I had anticipated them being featured in the dish due to the explanation provided in the dish explanation. Finishing salt was used with a heavy hard and the salt overpowered the delicate flavors. The whole roasted bronzino with jumbo lump crab was not disappointing. The flavors were perfectly balanced with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes as the base. Don't let the term "whole" frighten you -- this is actually a headless piece of fish (tail in tact) that has all bones removed, the two halves are then placed back together before serving. Our large group received efficient and attentive service.
NOTE: It was difficult to get a cab when we were ready to leave. This is not a high-traffic cab area and we walked to a nearby hotel to catch a cab.