“Always a GREAT Meal”
Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
Reviewed January 1, 2014

the Mussels are a MUST as well as the Caesar salad. This restaurant is in our top 5. Love the atmosphere and always have an unbelievable meal and service!

There are newer reviews for Mistral

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had brunch here this past Sunday and was not disappointed. Everything was outstanding. They don't start serving until 10:30 am but we arrived about 10:10 and were welcomed in and told to relax in the seating area or enjoy the bar if we wished. Being a Sunday morning we chose to relax comfortably. They seated us promptly at 10:30. Given that there were many parties waiting to be seated, they did what most restaurants refuse to do and that is to spread the crowd out so that no one was sitting in very close proximity to anyone else or at least until the place started to fill up closer to 11:00. But it is still nice to be afforded more privacy which is what most patrons love to get at a restaurant but is typically hard to come by. So we very much appreciated the seating plan. Now the food.....spectacular. They started us off with a complimentary muscle on toast that was seasoned out of this world and then brought us both a complimentary coffee cake which was also excellent. My eggs benedict was incredible and my wife loved her crab omlette. They also gave us a complimentary bowl of roasted potatoes with grilled onions - it too was excellent. The service is outstanding and the ambiance is absolutely terrific. We have never been here for dinner but my guess is that it is probably amazing. I highly recommend for a Sunday Brunch, however.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Mistral is pure decadence. The restaurant itself is stunning – literally oozing provincial French minimalism from every surface. Glorious, huge windows bath you in otherworldly light. Beautiful people show you to your table and serve offer you drinks. As for the food? In the immortal words of George Takei, "Oh My!"

The first time I went here was for dinner. I had a seasonal heirloom tomato salad and lamb shank. I've never since found any better version of these dishes elsewhere. It was epic.

Then I went for brunch.

Dude, the french toast is brioche bread covered – literally covered – in graham cracker crumbs. Then it's topped with creme fresh. Drizzle some pure maple goodness all around and you've got yourself a bonafied religious experience on a plate. I cannot describe adequately describe the first time I put it in my mouth. The clouds did indeed part. It was glorious.

More importantly, brunch at the Mistral is an affair. You should dress nice and be on your best behavior. Yes, you will probably have a foodgasm... but just don't let anyone see it. Thankfully, your manners are rewarded with pomp and circumstance.

2  Thank Aaron T
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I initially came to this restaurant thinking it was Mediterranean cuisine (thanks Yelp...) but upon arriving I decided to stay. Atmosphere was pleasant, upscale and buzzing with conversation. Server was helpful and friendly, which lead me to try the game hen! Enjoyable and satisfying. Great flavors with the spinach as well. Wanted dessert but was too full. Perhaps next time I'm in Boston. I think its worth a visit at least once...

1  Thank ecoita
Reviewed December 3, 2013

i always sit at the bar for dinner when i'm traveling and it was a great experience at mistral. the bartenders were very attentive and knew the menu very well. had a great white wine recommendation paired with my sole, which was prepared perfectly.

1  Thank Jo3699