“Excellent Eating”
Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Eating”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Start your dinner with a cocktail, they have an excellent lounge area so one can stop by for drinks if not eating at the restaurant. Everyone was very well dressed, but even with my dressed down California attitude the greetings were warm and welcoming. Everything on the menu looked great. I had the sole meurniere, and it was quite a serving (for two people I would say), the fish was fresh and it was cooked perfectly. A special they had was a mac'n'cheese dish and it was the best mac'n'cheese I ever had (must have been the truffles). The wine list is great and there's excellent choices by the glass. Great last meal to end my Boston trip.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Inzlingen, Germany
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great food!! I had the crab ravioli and the lamb. Tipp: ask the waiter for a good wine. I didnt regret to ask him for his favourite wine.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Chicken Ever!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I came here during restaurant week. No surprise here. I love the atmosphere, but it is definitely meant for couples with the lighting and ambiance. Still, my friend and I still had a great time. The drinks were a little pricy, but most nice restaurants will have $10ish cocktails. I love my appetizer. I loved the sauce for my beef carpaccio so much that I even used the bread to soak up the sauce (no shame here). I usually get a meat for my entree, but I was not feeling like anything heavy and I had the steak the previous time I came here, but the chicken was to die for! So moist and perfectly cooked. It is such a shame they do not have it on their regular menu. I will definitely come back next time. By dessert I was full, but I still had it anyways and the profiteroles were a perfect mix of salty and sweet. A great dinner out if you feel like spending a bit of $$$.

Visited April 2013
Brookline, Massachusetts
“An exceptional brunch”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food is absolutely delicious, incredible service. Most of the customers were under 35-40, surprisingly. Dress code also surprised me, nothing fancy. I felt that we were overdressed. Overall it's great and reasonable place for brunch. Big portions, enough to share with your companion. Definitely we'll go back.
We had:

SMOKED SALMON, CRÈME FRAÎCHE WHIPPED POTATOES & SCALLION- thin crispy pizza≈10"

CONFIT OF DUCK & ROOT VEGETABLE HASH, FARM FRESH EGGS SUNNY SIDE UP- very soft shredded pieces of duck+carrots,potatoes+3 eggs+bread

MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES, WITH BANANA BRÛLÉE, HAZELNUT NUTELLA & CRISP PLANTAIN- a lot of carbs for 1 person. Excellent dessert for 2

Highly recommend!!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Good food with lovely ambiance ”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended by the hotel for being one of the top spots for Sunday lunch. Our first impression about the restaurant was the restaurant seems to be the top choice for the local wealthy individuals for sunday lunch. Everyone seems to be very well dressed and speaks very well. We felt slightly underdressed compared to most of them. The restaurant was truly busy during Sunday lunch hour. However, the waiters were pretty attentive and we were served at reasonable time. The food selection is very small and the food is mainly in small portion. My smoked salmon egg Benedict was well cooked and taste great even though the smoked salmon was a bit salty. We were a bit disappointed that the restaurant doesn't serve any dessert during lunch hour. However, the great ambiance can compensate for this little disappointment.

1 Thank Andy_UK_CBS