“Even Amazing during Restaurant Week”
Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to Mistral about 5 years ago--says something that I still remember my trout amandine! Delicious! Took my brother and sister-in-law during Restaurant Week, telling them we certainly didn't need to order off the restaurant week menu since I've often been disappointed by those meals and rushed out of the restaurant. We had an early reservation--5:30. Surprisingly, the restaurant week items looked so delicious all 4 of us decided to order off that menu. Our waiter was excellent--knowledgeable, great service. When my steak arrived medium rather than medium rare, he looked at it said, "That's cooked wrong" and whisked it away. The portions were generous, food delicious, atmosphere elegant, and of course everything made better with good company! And we stayed until 8:30!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

A tremendous dining experience. Classic dishes enhanced to both visual and flavour perfection by the chef's creativity. Friendly wait staff that can actually speak to this level of cuisine and help you reach the right taste combinations for the evening. A beautiful environment: high ceilings, light, relaxing. A MUST when visiting Boston!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Unusual space and maybe takes time to get it . Would like to go one more time but there are many other places to try and time is limited.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

we had a great time at Mistral. The food was excellent with many choices and all our courses were well prepared with beautiful presentation.
Service was attentive without being pushy.
Wine list was eclectic and overall cost was quite reasonable considering the setting and experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was impressed with Mistral

We ate here on a Thursday night at 8p for restaurant week. I've always wanted to try Mistral, and the restaurant week menu is one of the better-looking menus, which are so often dumbed-down cheaper dishes they wouldn't serve on the regular menu. This isn't the case with the menu here. Dishes appeared to be similar to the "real" menu, in fact the sirloin steak was big cut of meat for any entree.

The space is nice and rustic while having a bit of a modern flair - my partner pretty much summed it up as "upscale-Olive-Garden-meets-Pottery Barn," which is not a bad thing - but it is showing its age just a little.

The food is very good. I had the appetizer of duck confit with mushrooms, corn and house-cured bacon with puff pastry which was just luscious and Pan Roasted Sirloin with “Pommes de Terre Lyonnaise”, English Stilton and Port Wine sauce that was near perfect. Cooked exactly right, and incredibly tasty. My partner didn't love his chilled corn soup ( it was one-note)

The real test of a restaurant is how it reacts to mistakes and when my partner found a sticker from the laundry service under his steak, they were super good about whisking his steak away, and replacing it with a band new one -- and comping both our wines for the trouble.

While i was impressed with the service and quality of the food, the price point for a non-RW meal would make it not a great deal, but then again, you do get what you pay for..... a perfectly cooked steak might be worth the premium price. Other reviews praise Mistral's consistency, and i could see that being a reason to pay a premium here - knowing your food is going to be good no matter what you order.