“Amazing Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantic Fish Company

Atlantic Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlantic Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,179 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield
Transit: Green Line Copley Plaza Back Bay Commuter Rail
Description: Atlantic Fish has been a favorite of both locals and tourists alike, offering classics like award-winning New England Clam Chowder and Maine Lobster to more adventurous items such as our signature Swordfish Chop. The understated and timeless decor of the restaurant immediately draws the attention of those who enter. The dining room reminds one of a classic cruising vessel, complete with detailed woodwork and murals reflecting the spirit of the sea. Tailored to intimate dining with cozy booths throughout.
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

I am from Montreal. I went to Boston and followed Tripadvisor reviews and decided to go to this restaurant. It was a long weekend and on Saturday could not get in before 10.30 pm. Therefore, we reserved for the following evening. Was not disappointed.

Being from Montreal we absolutely wanted to try their claim chowder. We had them in different places in Boston, but the best was at this restaurant. We took the special grouper in a crust of mushrooms with a lobster and pumpkin risotto to die for. I never had a fresher fish and the flavors where absolutely fantastic.

I went with a bus tour which was suggestion Legal See Foods, I am very happy to have selected this one. Thanks to tripadvisor and the positive reviews.

Next trip to Boston, I will definitely return.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mobile, Alabama
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

We tried Atlantic Fish Company on a friend's recommendation, and were not disappointed. Food, setting, service were all impeccable. Great fresh seafood, extensive wine list, and knowledgeable staff!

Morgantown, Wv
“What's all the fuss about this place?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

After reading TA and the reviews/recommendations about the Atlantic Fish Company, I thought for sure this was where we needed to eat. The four of us show up on their doorsteps 5:00 on a Saturday afternoon and were told that we needed reservations, otherwise, they could take us at 10pm. BUT, we could sit outside. Bear in mind the temperature was a windy 50's and because they do have outdoor heaters, we thought it would be ok. It would have been fine if they could have gotten the heaters to work. One young man did work pretty hard at lighting the heaters but the wind kept blowing out the fires. I had a long delay in getting my drink (water) and our food had gotten cold pretty quick I am sure from being outside. What really got my goat and what I don't understand to this day, it took 20 minutes to get our change back from our bill.
The food? One had the scallops and said they were delicious. Two had the fish and chips--there was enough food for four people and, priced at $18, was about the cheapest thing on the menu. One had the steak well done. It ran about $30. Like I mentioned, everything got cold right soon. Would I go back if I could sit inside? Probably not. I thought the prices were way too high, the service not that outstanding, and the people were a bit stuffy. I think the restaurant should have closed the outside seating if the heaters didn't work and they need to do something about the bill reconciliation times.

UK
“Best Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

We heard about the quality of the food and had to try. It was busy and I was initially concerned that service and quality might suffer but I couldn't be further from the truth. Service was excellant atmosphere was great and the food was the best that we had tasted for sometime.

Boston, Massachusetts
“The best in Boston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

As a New Englander, I am always in search of authentic seafood. After hearing so much about Atlantic Fish Co., we decided to visit it. The warm October weather enabled us to sit on the sidewalk patio. Our waiter, Joel, was most attentive. He even told us that we could mix and match menu items to our liking. We sipped water with lemon and delicious Gruner Vetliner to start. Our warm bread and butter was a fabulous beginning. Our swordfish piccata arrived cooked medium rare just as we ordered it. It consisted of 3 swordfish steaks! Obviously, one was wrapped up and taken home for lunch today. The rice pilaf which accompanied the meal was perfectly cooked. The grilled asparagus were delightful!

Traditional New England menus appeared on the menu...chowda, lobsta, fried clams. Many fish items are available broiled or baked for your dietary needs.

I will return soon. I found a new favorite Boston restaurant. Luckily, I live 20 minutes away! :)